Hello from Texas!

matthew anderson

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
101st Airborne Division Association, 506th Airborne Infantry Regiment Association, HSC, GOA,NRA
Greetings Ladies and Gents of AH, My name is Matt Anderson. I've lurked around on here for years and now that hunting Africa is a real possibility, I decided to join. My Wife and of course my ten year old Son are both interested in sharing the experiences with me, which definitely makes it more doable than having a spouse resent a solo trip but indeed a bit more pricey.
I'm lucky enough to say I've been quite a few places across the globe, however, being Veteran, the trips haven't always been the most glamorous. That being said, I've always enjoyed the adventure and appreciated the wildlife wherever I've been.

I'm excited to learn as much as I can from you fine people and have already started saving my pennies, so I guess I'm officially in the pre planning/planning phase.
Advice is welcome!

Currahee. -Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH Matt! Glad you decided to join us on the posting side.

Hello and welcome Matt!!

Welcome Matt! Uncle Sam has some piss poor travel destinations for the lowly enlisted man. I got to see quite a few of them myself. Looking back though I wouldn’t change a damned thing though. Some of the finest men I’ve ever known were met there.
Enjoy and plan wisely, you only get one first Safari.
Cheers,
Cody

Howdy and Welcome!
It is never too soon to start the planning of your first safari! And you have come to the right place. Having a wife that is excited about it too is a wonderful thing!
Enjoy the process however long it takes :)

Welcome to the posting side.
One more step completed on the way to Africa.

Welcome to the posting side sir.

Welcome again Matthew! Thanks for your service!
Now start planning your first Africa safari! You might start by looking under Safari Guide at the top of the page. Tons of great info here! Anything you can’t find, be sure to ask. We will all be more than happy to get you addicted to Africa;)!

Welcome aboard!

Hi Matt, welcome to AH !

Yes sir glad to have you. Enjoy the best site for Africa hunting on the net.

Welcome to AH Matt. This site can provide you with all the information needed to plan a successful first Safari. In the meantime your frequent visits to our "humble" forum will fuel your dreams. The folks you will "meet" here come from all walks of life but have a common thread. That being their passion for hunting. There are subject matter experts for virtually every aspect of the sport. Sit back and enjoy the ride, but most of all feel free to join in and post your knowledge of and or thoughts on subjects being discussed.

Welcome to AH Matt. Enjoy the planning just as fun as the adventure....nah who am I kidding. Enjoy

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg