AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC
Hunted
USA. Canada South Africa
My name is Jordan and I have been an avid hunter and fisherman all my life. I love to hunt with bow or rifle and my caliber of choice is 7mm mag. I have hunting several states in the US and in Canada but I am ready to take the plunge and hunt SA. Any suggestions or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Jordan,

Welcome to AH. You might want to start by looking at some of the people that advertise here. Go to their websites and study them. You will start getting answers tomorrow from members and possibly posts or pm's from outfitters. When you have questions feel free to ask. There are a lot of good people here who will be willing to help. Good luck planning your first African hunt......that's part of the joy of the hunt.

Welcome to AH, Jordan, I love the 7mm Rem Mag!

Welcome to AH Jordan! Browse the site... lots of information to gather!

Hi Jordan,
Welcome to the forum. Hope that you enjoy our stay here with the AH clan.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Welcome to AH Jordan! Start planning your second trip now Your going to love Africa. As a Suggestion start with the Hunting Deals page there's aways great deals to be found there. Bob

Hi Jordan,

Welcome aboard, what animals were you looking to take and have you set a budget for the hunt? Drop me a PM with some specifics and I'll be happy to make some recommendations.

I have set a budget (with the help of my wife). I am more interested in plains game with kudu and gemsbok high on the list. As well as zebra. I would consider leopard as well. I live in Houston and can give you a call tomorrow.

To shed a little more light on myself and the possibility of hunting in Africa I realize there is a lot of leg work and time involved in putting a hunt together. However, I was recently diagnosed with bone cancer and have recovered from all the surgery involved as well as treatments afterwards. I am not looking for sympathy just due to this I am not ready to wait another year or so to hunt.. I have some disability when it comes to walking great distances etc. Safari style or blind hunting will work much better for me with the possibility of short stalks. It may be unrealistic but hope to hunt before the end of the year.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. I look forward to speaking with you, I'm in Katy maybe we can have lunch one day?

gday Jordan welcome and enjoy this site mate
firstly good on ya for kicking cancers ass.
secondly get into African hunting mate there will be an outfitter that can set you right this l have no doubrt about
mate you can take any and all of those animals from a blind ,or if artemis is smiling on you stalking ,
get it done mate.

Hi Jordan,hope and pray you have a full recovery,you are going to enjoy South Africa.

Welcome to AH, Jordan, hunting in Africa will make you feel better, no doubt !

Your outfitter will surely do everyting possible to make your hunt comfortable.

Welcome Jordan, glad your recovery is coming along good. Good luck with the planning and please dont hesitate to ask if i can assist with something.

Best Regards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpathianHunters

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!