Hello from South Africa - new hunter

Welcome to AH, Craig!

Welcome to the AH community!

Welcome Craig!

Welkom Craig van nog 'n Pretorianer.

Hi all

My name is Craig and I am from Pretoria, South Africa. I went on my first hunt in July 2019 with a friend. Being my first hunt, I wanted to do everything myself (no guide, walk-and-stalk, skinning, butchery etc.). I learnt a lot in the process and have a great appreciation for the whole experience. A private, non-commercial farm was planning to cull a herd of impala due to the terrible and ongoing drought conditions they were facing, so I managed to go a week prior to the cull and took a large female impala.

I really enjoyed the hunt, so much so that I have been reading up a lot since then. I have researched rifles and am in the process of acquiring a Sako Hunter 30-06.

As I am only starting out, my species wish list is still relatively small, but definitely includes gemsbok and springbok (they are both delicious).

I also enjoy fishing. I have fished for tiger fish in Namibia and Zambia. I also enjoy fly fishing for yellow fish and trout - I will wet a line at every opportunity I get!

Thanks for a great forum, I look forward to learning and participating where I can.

Cheers
Craig
Welcome to AH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you