Hello from Romania!

Hello dear ones!
I am a new member from Romania. I leave in the mountain area so I like to hunt roe dear, chamois and especially wild boars and big carpathian dears (cervus elaphus).
For hunting, I use a Blaser R8 Professional in two different calibers:
- 9,3x62 barrel equipped with Zeiss V6 2,5-15x56
-7x64 barrel equipped with Schmidt&Bender Polar T96 3-12x54.
I hope to offer good advice and tips just as you do ... And in a few years I can hunt in the beautiful lands of Africa.

Welcome to AH!

Bine ai venit Razvan!

That's all the Romanian I know :)

Mark

Hi and welcome razvan,

Great trophy photos! :)Can you please explain a little bit under the circumstances you hunt in Romania? You say that you hunt in a team, is it any type of syndicate? And how do you go about acquiring hunting rights in Romania if you aren’t a landowner? I have been sort of starting to compare information regarding roebuck hunting and found that the trophy prices are surprisingly high in Romania considering that it’s probably one of the least developed European countries (relatively low average income etc.). Trophy prices are in general almost on pair with Hungary and higher than Poland and even the UK. Are these tariffs set by the government? Please, tell us a little bit of how things work in Romania? It would be interesting to know. Thanks!

Hi and welcome razvan,

Great trophy photos! :)Can you please explain a little bit under the circumstances you hunt in Romania? You say that you hunt in a team, is it any type of syndicate? And how do you go about acquiring hunting rights in Romania if you aren’t a landowner? I have been sort of starting to compare information regarding roebuck hunting and found that the trophy prices are surprisingly high in Romania considering that it’s probably one of the least developed European countries (relatively low average income etc.). Trophy prices are in general almost on pair with Hungary and higher than Poland and even the UK. Are these tariffs set by the government? Please, tell us a little bit of how things work in Romania? It would be interesting to know. Thanks!
Ok!
I understand, you're from U.K.?
In Romania, all hunting funds are private or state-owned by Romsilva.
I am enrolled in a hunting association with 18 friends (I'm the head of the group) and pay an annual fee of apx. 250 euros. Therefore, the prices of a hunting piece for us are following: roebuck - 130euros,wild boar - 220 euros, chamois - 1000 euros and red stag - 1300 euros, (brown bear,wolf,lynx and wild cat are still forbidden in this hunting season).
For people outside of Romania, the price is slightly higher depending on the hunting association. In my hunting group, I also have a friend from US but also a Romanian citizen, so he pays the same as me.
Regarding the roebuck hunt, I know the C.I.C. points that are related to the weight of the trophy must be paid by foreigners.
I hope I have been helpful and I will stay at your disposal!!!

Last edited:
Sorry,I forgot: for that 250 euros/member/year we receive ,for free, 15 wild boars for driven hunt!

Ok!
I understand, you're from U.K.?
In Romania, all hunting funds are private or state-owned by Romsilva.
I am enrolled in a hunting association with 18 friends (I'm the head of the group) and pay an annual fee of apx. 250 euros. Therefore, the prices of a hunting piece for us are following: roebuck - 130euros,wild boar - 220 euros, chamois - 1000 euros and red stag - 1300 euros, (brown bear,wolf,lynx and wild cat are still forbidden in this hunting season).
For people outside of Romania, the price is slightly higher depending on the hunting association. In my hunting group, I also have a friend from US but also a Romanian citizen, so he pays the same as me.
Regarding the roe deer hunt, I know the C.I.C. points that are related to the weight of the trophy must be paid by foreigners.
I hope I have been helpful and I will stay at your disposal!!!
Thanks, I'm a Northern (Scandinavian). So, I assume it works in a similar way to Poland. If I recall correctly, they also have hunting associations that lease hunting rights. Can you also resell hunts, like they seem to do, directly to visiting hunters or indirectly through agents in order to cover your own costs? Is it correct that the non-Romanian in your team pays additional trophy fees for roe deer, chamois etc., while you as Romanians only pay the fixed price? By the way, the driven hunts for bears that President Ceaușescu was said to engage in is my future dream hunt.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm a Northern (Scandinavian). So, I assume it works in a similar way to Poland. If I recall correctly, they also have hunting associations that lease hunting rights. Can you also resell hunts, like they seem to do, directly to visiting hunters or indirectly through agents in order to cover your own costs? Is it correct that the non-Romanian in your team pays additional trophy fees for roe deer, chamois etc., while you as Romanians only pay the fixed price? By the way, the driven hunts for bears that President Ceaușescu was said to engage in is my future dream hunt.
Hello Scandinavia!!!
A hunting association sells hunting to finance its own costs. A member accepted in a hunting association pays equal to all other members (does not pay additional fees). If you want to hunt in Romania then you will pay extra because you are not a permanent member.
One month ago, to a wild boar driven hunt I saw 12 bears ... now hibernates!
If you want to come to hunt in Romania (like a friend), let me know early: roe buck season starts on 15 may,wild boar all year, red stags 1 september!!!

Hello Scandinavia!!!
A hunting association sells hunting to finance its own costs. A member accepted in a hunting association pays equal to all other members (does not pay additional fees). If you want to hunt in Romania then you will pay extra because you are not a permanent member.
One month ago, to a wild boar driven hunt I saw 12 bears ... now hibernates!
If you want to come to hunt in Romania (like a friend), let me know early: roe buck season starts on 15 may,wild boar all year, red stags 1 september!!!
Thanks, I might take you up on that offer some day (and offer another hunt in return). (y) Life is a bit chaotic at the moment, but I will definitely keep it in mind for the future. ;) 12 bears. :D I assume you have a healthy population of wolves as well. If I recall correctly, it was in Dealu Negru President Ceausescu hunted bears. Is it in the same area that you are hunting?

Last edited:
No,it isn't the same area,but because are 4 years from the bear hunting is forbidden, we have a huge population of brown bears .

In my country 90% of the hunters have not seen a wolf in wild. I saw 8 wolves and shot one!

Razvan, those are some monster hogs (wild boar.) What do you do with the meat? Are the dogs used to drive the boar? I for one would like to know how a driven boar hunt is conducted.

Yes,indeed. The best wild boar hunted by me,near my house, had 283 kg and 27 cm tusks. With the meat, we generally make sausages 80% and the baking tin 20%.
We have 5 dogs specially trained to find and drive the boar to hunters.
In general,hunters are in well-established positions, and gonads with dogs push animals to hunters.

Wow!!! 283 Kgs is a Monster Hog. Fellas that is right at 624 Lbs. Not a world record but mighty big nonetheless. Razvan, do you know any of the details of this hunt? Like what caliber rifle was used? Did it take more than one shot?

This wild boar was shot by me,near my house,with 7x64 caliber and Geco plus 11gr bullet. Only one shot in the neck. Its weight is not a record,but the tusks are golden medal în my country. A friend of mine shoots at least 3-4 wild boars over 300 kg every year în Romania.

I just finished looking up "mistret 350 Kg." from the number of listings it appears that there are more than just a few of them roaming around. Are you limited in the area that you can hunt or can your association use government owned or public land?

I just finished looking up "mistret 350 Kg." from the number of listings it appears that there are more than just a few of them roaming around. Are you limited in the area that you can hunt or can your association use government owned or public land?
In the mountains area, an association must have at least 10.000 hectares of forest. We are limited in our area (apx. 12.000 hectares).
If I want to hunt in another association, I have to pay the price set by her which is somewhat higher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg