Hello from Oklahoma City

Welcome aboard!

Hello everyone. My name is Brian and I'm from Oklahoma City. I'm preparing for my first Plains Game hunt next May with my dad and brother in law. This trip is to celebrate my 40th Birthday. We will be hunting with Kuche Safaris in South Africa. I will be hunting with a Christensen Mesa in 300 Win-Mag shooting Federal Premium loaded with 180 grain Swift Siricco II bullets. I'm leaning towards the Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44 with the fire dot duplex. As of now the plan is for Warthog, Gemsbuck, Impala, and Red Hartebest. I have been browsing this site for some time and figured I should just go ahead and join. I'm looking forward to more discussions and input from the group.
Welcome to AH! That is the same scope I bought for my wife.

Welcome to the family and the forum, If we can be of any assistance with US Customs or shipping, please call, email, or send me a message!

Welcome aboard Brian, you guys are in for the time of your life. Going on your first African hunt at age 40 certainly puts you way ahead of the curve. For sure it won't be your last one. I took both of my boys back in 2016 and we are still talking about it. Be sure to get or make some shooting sticks and practice with them often. That goes for the rest of your "party" as well. Start off with 22(s) or HMR 17(s)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisa56S81

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.