AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, FMFG
Hunted
Canada (BC, AB), RSA (Limpopo), RSA (KwaZulu-Natal)
Greetings from the frozen north.

I'm a long time hunter from Canada, most of my hunting has been restricted to B.C and Alberta where I currently reside. I am at the point in my life where I am comfortable enough to start hunting abroad. It's been a dream of mine since I was a kid and I'm not getting any younger.

Anyhow I stubmled across this site and figured it would be a good place to meet some of those who have been there, done that and do some research.

Cheers,

Welcome to AH, Johnny!

It's an Canadian invasion.
Welcome to AH.

Good place to ask questions and there are certainly people here who have done it. Some admit it....

Where abouts in AB. I am in the East Central region. Heading to the eastern cape in 7 days! Will be my firts trip.

Welcome to AH, you chose the right place to do your research. Feel free to ask questions and every one on here will give you info that you can use.
Good luck on the planning.

Best Regards

Where abouts in AB. I am in the East Central region. Heading to the eastern cape in 7 days! Will be my firts trip.

I'm up in Fort McMurray. I would love to hear how your trip goes and any tips you might learn along the way. I haven't been able to find a single person from this area that has been or is interested in going hunting in Africa hence the online search.

Best of luck on your trip.

Welcome to AH Johnny! enjoy the research its half the fun.

I'm up in Fort McMurray. I would love to hear how your trip goes and any tips you might learn along the way. I haven't been able to find a single person from this area that has been or is interested in going hunting in Africa hence the online search.

I'm sure I'll have pages of notes to put on here once I am back.. plus tons of photos.. it may take me a week, but thery will be here.

Oh, there are some folks in the area that have hunted Africa.
Online searching is easier.

There will be a member heading up to your area to work shortly. PM me and I may be able to get you in contact so you can pick his brain.

I am from east central ab as well, been over to SA twice, planning of heading back over next yr, good luck on your search and good luck in the east cape!!!

I am from east central ab as well, been over to SA twice, planning of heading back over next yr, good luck on your search and good luck in the east cape!!!

Which part of East Central?

Welcome to AH Johnny!

Welcome to AH, Johnny !

Thanks for the warm welcome. Alot of great people and resources on this site. I've been filling my evenings reading the pre-hunt articles.

Great stuff, thanks for all of it.

Welcome,you are going to enjoy Africa!

Hope i did this right.. starting to get a few heads back, so far waterbuck and impala, another 5 to go ~ 2 kudu, gemsboc, nyala, sable and another impala...

Attachments

• IMG-20130519-00455.jpg
    IMG-20130519-00455.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG-20130519-00456.jpg
    IMG-20130519-00456.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG-20130519-00458.jpg
    IMG-20130519-00458.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG-20130519-00461.jpg
    IMG-20130519-00461.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG-20130519-00463.jpg
    IMG-20130519-00463.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 111

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg