Hello from Kansas

Joined today, I loved old prewar German schuetzen rifles, own and shoot several. I hunt with pre WW1 Mauser sporters. I have been bitten by the Mannlicher Schoeneaur bug after purchasing an MCA 243 a year ago. I am haggling to buy a 1910 9.5x57 full stock. Hope to close the deal Monday.
Mike
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome to AH and the posting side! This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy!
 
Welcome from another (originally) Kansan!
 
The only place I have been in Africa is Morocco. My Wife and I vacationed there during Ramadan in 2015, loved it, such a beautiful place, people were wonderful. We are taking a 30 day cruise in December thru the Suez down the east coast to Cape Town. Kind of a get acquainted with the country thing. She is constantly encouraging me to take a hunt in Africa, I tell her I am too old, but I have bought a medium bore, who knows.
 
Welcome to AH and the posting side! Great to have you here and we are looking forward to you sharing your stories!
 
Welcome to AH! Nice to have you on the site.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH, Mike!
 
Hello @yamoon … Welcome! I’m equally a fan of the full stock Stutzen ie Mannlicher rifles & living/working in Germany puts me in primary real estate to score afew classic before my contract terminates.

A German friend has two/2 in Sako & Steyr .308 & 9.3x62 … balance fell off shooting stix also!

Happy Trails

Find a Mannlicher Schoenauer in 10.75 X 68 and you've hit the jackpot.
 
Joined today, I loved old prewar German schuetzen rifles, own and shoot several. I hunt with pre WW1 Mauser sporters. I have been bitten by the Mannlicher Schoeneaur bug after purchasing an MCA 243 a year ago. I am haggling to buy a 1910 9.5x57 full stock. Hope to close the deal Monday.
Mike

So, did you get the M1910?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,428
Messages
1,575,857
Members
170,397
Latest member
MillieBlac
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top