Hello from Down Under

Brooster

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Australia
Hi Fellas,
looks like a great forum. I get a chance to chase deer (my fave), pigs, rabbits, foxes and goats here in Australia. I'm a bowhunter because I like the chalenge and I like that I can roll something (or miss and curse queitly) without scaring the rest of the citters around. I do like a bang stick and sometimes use one on my friends grazing property but the bow is for me. I'm keen to come to Africa, maybe even this year if I can convince my darling wife.
cheers
bruce

G'day Bruce and welcome to AH.com

I'm sure you'll gain a lot out of this site.

There's a few African experienced bow hunters on here who should be able to help you out with any queries you have regarding gear etc.

There is also many fine African hunting outfitters represented here who will help you acheive your goal of hunting Africa with your bow.

Looking forward to your contributions,

Paul.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH.....and good luck with the wife. That's the hardest part!

Good to see another pointy stick guy coming to play on AH.
Hope you get to Africa soon.

Hi Bruce,
Welcome to the forum. I's sure the guys on the forum will supply you with all the info you need on making Africa a reality.

Best Regards
Marius Goosen

Welcome Bruce to AH!!! You will find all the info you need to plan a Safari to Africa. Feel free to post some of your pics of the animals you've taken Down Under as there are a lot of us here that would love to hunt there.

Welcome to the forum, Bruce, you ve come to the right place for all the info you need.

Welcome to AH Bruce!

Welcome,Bruce.You wouldn't by any chance be married to Sheila,would you..?;)

You're a funny bugger Docman, married to a sheila yes but her name is Victoria.
cheers
bruce

Welcome to AH. You have to go to Africa at least once.

Welcome to AH. You have to go to Africa at least once.

No once is not enough it's only the start. Once you've been you'll be trying to figure out how to move there.

Bob, you have no idea how right you are. When Kathy and I were hunting there, she said (more than once) "you know my company just opened up a site here in Johanasburg". I came so close to calling my business partner and telling him, he now owns his own business. I fell in love with Africa, and can't wait to go back, beautiful thing is, so did Kathy.

Bob, you have no idea how right you are. When Kathy and I were hunting there, she said (more than once) "you know my company just opened up a site here in Johanasburg". I came so close to calling my business partner and telling him, he now owns his own business. I fell in love with Africa, and can't wait to go back, beautiful thing is, so did Kathy.

Unless you have $millions to buy a game farm and live there I would put money that after 4 months living in Jburg you would be calling and asking how much to buy back your share in the business....

Everyplace looks great when you are there on vacation. That is why people buy timeshares in Cabo for way to much money and them dump them a couple years later for a huge loss.

Hey Brooster,

I have some friends from South Australia in camp at the moment. We have taken some exceptional trophies so far including a 31" Waterbuck. I will post some pictures a little later....

Enjoy the forum and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions while planning your trip to Africa.

Best regards,

Jacques

Gidday mate from over the ditch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg