Hello from central North Carolina

Arapaho

New member
Joined
Jun 2, 2020
Messages
10
Reaction score
8
I have read posts here for a while and finally decided to join. My passion is long range shooting and an occasional f-class match to sharpen my shooting and reloading skills. Of course, I love hunting a variety of game and just being outdoors. I also like to share my success and failures for new shooters and hunters.
 
Welcome to AH Arapaho!
 
Welcome aboard from a fellow Tarheel!

What part of central NC are you from?
 
Last edited:
I live just east of CLT
I pass through there often as I still have friends and family in Georgia. I also drive over and grab reloading supplies for me and about 10 shooters since I am the closest. Saves a few bucks on shipping and hazmat fees.
 
Giday Arapaho and welcome to the A H forums
 
Welcome aboard Arapaho. Just curious, what do you consider "long range?" What caliber rifles do you use for that? What sort of accuracy are you accustomed to getting at extended ranges? Have you ever given any thought to hunting Africa?
 
Welcome to AH !
 
Welcome aboard Arapaho. Just curious, what do you consider "long range?" What caliber rifles do you use for that? What sort of accuracy are you accustomed to getting at extended ranges? Have you ever given any thought to hunting Africa?
For f-class, long range is 1000 yards and I catch some mid-range matches as well at 600 yards. Keep in mind, I am definitely an amateur but am not a horrible shooter, just get beat up by the wind more times than not. I am much more accomplished at mid-range and generally shoot pretty well on that course with limited match experience. I mostly want to see where I stand with the big boys and with my load development. My expectation is somewhat different than most match shooters as I am usually shooting against myself or the guys I go with. I have only ever shot off a Harris type bipod and sand bag (not an f-class rest or 20 lb rifle). I thrive on a first shot X ring hit as a hunter and a wooden dollar from the club to boot. I have shot several calibers at both ranges including 7 RSAUM, 284 Win., 280 Ackley and 6.5x47 Lapua. Africa is on my bucket list for sure.
 
Hello Arapaho,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Arapaho - Welcome to AH
 
Arapaho, welcome to the AH forum! Looking forward to your input. It’s an excellent place to start researching your Africa adventure!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,340
Messages
1,573,323
Members
169,736
Latest member
FernKon189
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top