Hello from Bergen, Norway

Stig

AH member
Reaction score
I have been a lurker her for a few months. Have learned a lot from many knowledgeable people. Hope to contribute to this great forum.

I have been a hunter and a fisherman/outdoorsman for my entire life ( just turned 50). Trout fishing/freshwater fishing and hunting for caribou an deer.

After having read a lot of books about Africa and read huntingreports in this forum a small dream of hunting Africa has been born.

Welcome to AH. Hopefully you make it to Africa sometime. Great experience not to be missed.
Bruce

Welcome Stig, a friendly warning, Africa hunting gets into your blood, so its not a once off. You on the right thread to get information and find great African outfitters .

I will be hunting in South Africa in just 2 more weeks with a friend of mine that lives in Norway (Trondheim).. He's a US citizen, but has been living in Norway for several years..

Welcome

Thank you for the welcome!

Trondheim is a beautiful city, @mdwest . Hope you have a good hunt. "Skitt jakt" as we say in Norway

Welcome to African Hunting, Stig

Welcome to the dark side. Norway is a beautiful country, spent a bunch of time there in a previous life working on the design and construction of the topside of the Troll platform.

@cls Troll A, B or C? I have been on all of them. Currently working on Gullfaks C. It's a small world :)

Hello and welcome!

My girlfriend just passed through Bergen a month or so ago when she went paddle boarding the Fjords with Sup Norway for 10 days. She loved it over there.

1656609625574.png

1656609812783.png

1656609947373.png

Yeah, she loved it. Wants to go back. Funny thing is everyone talked to her in Norwegian first, guess she looked the part.

Hello Stig, great to have you here, and welcome aboard!
I'm a passionate trout angler like you, and will soon have my first caribou hunt in Yukon - so it's likely I'll ask to share some tricks!

Giday Stig. Welcome to the A H forums.

Hello and Welcome

Welcome aboard Stig. What firearms or bows do you use to hunt caribou and deer? Have you hunted in countries other than Norway?

Tanks, yes she looks the part, you lucky stiff.

We are sadly not allowed to use bows for hunting in Norway. Nor handguns. So its rifles all the way.

I must confess that I really like lever actions. I have a Marlin 1895 in 45/70 and a Winchester 94 in 356 Winchester. I use these in the dense steep woods of western Norway where I hunt for deer. For caribou I have a Winchester M70 i 308 Win.

I have not hunted abroad yet, but I have some ideas for the future. Red deer in scotland and possible hogs in Sweden.

Stig, I have and enjoy lever guns as well. I have a Marlin 336 -C in 35 Remington that I've used for Deer and Hogs. I also have a Savage 99 in 308 that I've deer hunted with. The best lever gun I own is a 1936 Winchester Model 71 in 348 Winchester. Do you reload or use factory ammunition?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarinTill6

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.