Hello from Australia

Peter Lovett

Reaction score
A short introduction from Tasmania, Australia. I have recently returned to shooting as a pastime as previously, my work made it very awkward, if not impossible, to hold the necessary licences now required in Australia. I have now retired and taken up target shooting again with both long arms and pistol and I want to get into deer hunting.

To that end I have recently purchased a MS 6.5 x 54 action that I intend to build up into a hunting rifle and while trawling the internet for information I lighted on this site and more specifically, the MS forum. A veritable gold mine of information that led to me joining and hoping to gather the collected wisdom of other members in the future.

This place is Dangerous Run!!! You'll be wanting a 4XX then a 5XX and a double and, and and!

This place is Dangerous Run!!! You'll be wanting a 4XX then a 5XX and a double and, and and!

LOL - No, I am a coward and don't like pain. Besides I bleed easily. I am still waiting on the paperwork to come through on the action so its sitting down at the dealers but I have had a play with it and very impressed with the smoothness - everything I have read about that has been confirmed.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH Peter! :S Welcome:

Welcome to AH.
You should find some help here on AH.

Welcome Peter to the forum! I had the opportunity 20 years ago to visit Tasmania. I was quite impressed especially by the friendly people! Very enjoyable to sit and chat with.
Enjoy the forum and if you would, share some pictures of your lovely island!

Welcome to our place Peter. No better place to feed your renewed passion.

Welcome to AH!

Hi Peter, welcome to AH !

Welcome aboard mate!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH, Peter!

Welcome to AH Peter! Nice to have you as part of our community, really looking forward to your input.

Welcome from Cairns.
Enjoy this great forum and please contribute.

Welcome aboard Peter Lovett. That will be a sweet shooting rifle once you get it built. Who is going to be doing the work on it? There are a lot of Aussies on AH do you know or live near any of them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZaneDenova

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg