AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
Lifetime NRA member, Lifetime SCI Member
My name is Andrew Short. I’m 32 years old and have always dreamed of hunting Africa. Ive been reading this forum for years and decided to join as I was recently given a “free safari”. More on that later!

This site has provided much information and I have no doubt that it will continue to do so!

Welcome ! Lots of great info here . I just took my 30 year old son to Africa last year and he wants to know when we are going back! Ask questions and you will get great responses.

Thanks for the welcome! I hear it’s an addicting experience!

Andrew, welcome to the AH forum! You should find most of the information you need here to help you on your first safari. I suggest you start your journey by going to the Safari Guide at the top of the page.
WARNING! Once you go, you will want to go back!

Yes sir, will do! I need info on this company that i have a safari for. I’m going to post that in the hunting Africa forum...

Welcome to the dark side, this site feeds our Africa hunting addiction.

Welcome to the forum! Tell us a little bit about yourself. What guns do you have? How do you like to hunt? What African species are you most excited about hunting?

Welcome to AH Andrew!

I grew up whitetail deer hunting and bass fishing. My father started taking me hunting at age 3, I shot at deer with 410/20 gauge shotguns as early as 5, finally took my first deer at 8 years old and haven’t looked back! I love to upland bird “bobwhite quail and pheasant” hunt as well. My father took the time to teach me how to hunt, track and be a woodsman! I very much appreciate that.

Well I have 53 guns total. Half belonged to my grandfather prior to him passing away. I love old rifles/calibers with history and allure such as the 404 Jeffery and Rigby rifles and of course all the doubles. , “although I’ll never be wealthy enough to own one of these.” I’m a big fan of the Ruger RSM rifles and will buy one when I find one with a tang safety. I currently no own any large bore rifles but do have several magnum rifles with a 300 bore.

I very much long to hunt Cape Buffalo but I don’t think that will happen on my first safari. I love the Sable, Gemsbok, and Kudu as they are my favorite plains game. They are beautiful animals!

Hello Andrew Short,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Paul.

Hello Andrew, welcome. I am from Africa and get to hunt a few times a year, but one day I would like to hunt in your beautiful country, elk in particular. I shoot 375 H&H, 375 Flanged and 30-30 Marlin. Read up on Africa and build the moment, it is special, but it needs all you special Americans to save hunting.

Kevin,

I hope you are able to come to the states and hunt Elk. It’s one of my bucket list trips as well!

Giday Andrew and welcome to the A H forums

Hi Andrew, welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH, Andrew!

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH Andrew. Congratulations on your first safari. It will change your life.
Everyone on this site it willing to answer your questions... just ask.

Welcome! Waiting to hear about your first safari.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darrell572

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg