Has anyone tried

Altitude sickness

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Joined
Jun 24, 2023
Messages
8,403
Reaction score
33,231
Location
Michigan
Media
54
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
USA/Canada
2
A compound bow rest to quickly hold their rifle. While glassing or otherwise needing both hands.
Instead of leaning the muzzle against your waist or gut.
I just threw one on my belt and it might just work.
IMG_2381.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it does work!
 
I have nothing against it as long you pay attention where the barrel of the rifle is directed. Otherwise there will be some trouble with the anti-African carry group.
 
I would anticipate being beside the PH at that point.

It may not be worth the added width going thru the bush. May be easier to use a sling then quickly remove it when in action


I put it more behind me. That may work better
 
Last edited:
I would think you could modify a canteen belt holder so the butt stock would sit in it and the barrels could lean back into your shoulder being held by your bicep while glassing. Barrels would then be straight up. Seems there may have been some company doing something like that but not sure.
 
Not for me. I'm carrying my rifle slung except on final stalk. I don't want that contraption banging into my rifle ... or my arms while I'm walking.
 
I think I would rather sling mine than balance it. There is always a bush nearby with a secure lean position too.
 
A practical way is to tie a loop with a piece of string around your belt. When you want to glass, simply put the butt of the rifle on the ground and barrel/s through the loop. Rifle will lean away from you, allowing you to glass.
 
I imagine myself looking through the binoculars, and as such not being able to see what is happening with the gun. A small shift in body position and the gun falls out of the holder to the ground.
 
Flewis, Shotgunners use just such a pouch to sling the butt.

Damon, that is what concerns me also.

I like KMG’s suggestion.
 
Flewis, Shotgunners use just such a pouch to sling the butt.

Damon, that is what concerns me also.

I like KMG’s suggestion.
A loop of velcro attached to belt would be even better than string. Easy to wrap around the barrel while resting the butt against my foot.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,409
Messages
1,575,311
Members
170,241
Latest member
tideroomsso1983
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top