Greetings from Virginia

Welcome to AH William!

Never too late to have a good childhood....never too late to go on safari. Have fun!

Have been an avid hunter since the age of 8 years old in Alabama, have hunted in many different States, LA, PA, Ala, Va,, Colo, and hunter in Germany for 8 great years. Missed my only chance to hunt Africa while I was in Germany because of security clearance and the perceived security threat of a trip there. Was all set to go but Military stopped me, really sad, Wanted to hunt only one thing, Buffalo, black death, really sorry I missed my chance. Read extensively and watch every African film,video I can get. Still hunting and fishing here in Virginia at age 69. Love hunting with my 375 H&H Mag in a Sako carbine full stock and my 257 Weatherby mag. I am going to try to go to Carolina this spring/summer and hunt for wild boar, getting old but still love the rush I get from the hunt, not the kill.
Welcome! An African hunt should always be more about the experience than the kill....

Have been an avid hunter since the age of 8 years old in Alabama, have hunted in many different States, LA, PA, Ala, Va,, Colo, and hunter in Germany for 8 great years. Missed my only chance to hunt Africa while I was in Germany because of security clearance and the perceived security threat of a trip there. Was all set to go but Military stopped me, really sad, Wanted to hunt only one thing, Buffalo, black death, really sorry I missed my chance. Read extensively and watch every African film,video I can get. Still hunting and fishing here in Virginia at age 69. Love hunting with my 375 H&H Mag in a Sako carbine full stock and my 257 Weatherby mag. I am going to try to go to Carolina this spring/summer and hunt for wild boar, getting old but still love the rush I get from the hunt, not the kill.
Welcome and think you’ll like the “posts” on here —- I just joined and really enjoy the members and all the different knowledge/experience they share.....if you have a Question - someone on here can likely answer it

Giday William. Welcome to the A H forums where age is no barrier to the hunting life.

Welcome to AH! Nice to have you on the site and we look forward to you sharing your stories!

Welcome from TN. I‘m just a few years younger than you and will be taking my fourth trip this August, if your health allows you need to go! Lots of great info and folks on here to help you plan your trip.

Welcome to the family and the forum.

Welcome aboard.

Age is only a number.

I was 60 soon to be 61 when I went on my first African hunt, been on two other safaris since then.

On my first hunting trip to Africa there was a couple from Ohio, in their 70's, doing their first African hunt. Since then they've completed a 2nd safari last year.

Thus, as previously mentioned as long as you are in reasonably good health, it's not to late to make that first trip to Africa.

Echo'ing that, a vehicle spot and then stalk is dead easy, and in areas like Save where it is dead flat that is little strain. If you can walk reasonably and see to shoot it is alk good.

Echo'ing that, a vehicle spot and then stalk is dead easy, and in areas like Save where it is dead flat that is little strain. If you can walk reasonably and see to shoot it is alk good.

Certainly had no trouble (physically) on my One & Only safari in Tanzania - lots & lots of walking (miles + miles) whenever we were on Buffalo but fairly easy terrain and I enjoyed that - was in shape for it...did a lot of biking leading up to my hunt and have always maintained an exercise & weightlifting routine. I found Elk hunting harder physically.
I Didn’t care for all the time in the truck but that was the best way to cover ground until game spotted. Our PH pushed us a bit but never past what was enjoyable and it often didn’t take great effort to get into position to take a trophy - the stalk and design of the “plan” was what made it happen. There were a couple times chasing buffalo that it was very tiring and we slept well those nights. It was a most enjoyable fatigue - if there was no effort, if it was too easy, then the trophy wouldn’t be as meaningful for Me.

Welcome to AH!

The OP is more than 5 years old.... :ROFLMAO: . Hasn't been on the site since.

The OP is more than 5 years old.... :ROFLMAO: . Hasn't been on the site since.

Well hopefully is he the silent type that joined and is still checking out all the posts over the years since he joined.

It would be relatively disheartening if after all these years since his joining that condolences were due and he never made a trip to Africa.

Good day to you, Sir! May your dream of an African safari come true!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross