Greetings from Seattle

seattlesetters

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hello to all. What a great site!

I'm new here and in the process of collecting data and researching outfitters for my first African safari. I'm a lifelong hunter here in North America and I've hunted deer (whitetail, blacktail and mule deer), elk, black bear, hogs and pronghorn on several dozen occasions. Recently, I've mostly been bird hunting as I raise a few class English Setters and have been devoting more time to them than big game hunting. However, I've decided my African dreams should wait no longer, and I'll be heading over in 2011 or 2012 for a plains game hunt.

More than likely I'll be hunting in Namibia but Limpopo, RSA is also a good possibility. I'd like to hunt wild game in their natural habitat and that will be the deciding factor in where and with whom I hunt.

I hope to learn from you fine folks and perhaps have a few "rookie" questions both tolerated and answered. Thanks for having me!

Welcome to AH..........you have come to the right place. The knowledge base on African hunting is vast.

Hi seattlesetters, welcome aboard. It sounds like you're a 'lifelong die-hard hunter' like nearly everyone else here so I have no doubt you'll have a great time on your plainsgame hunt when it rolls around. In the meantime enjoy all the interesting posts on the forum.

Welcome to AH seattlesetters! We are glad to have you as a member. Fire away with your questions, big and small, there are none that will go unanswered... We have a knowledgeable and friendly community here. :D

Welcome. Say hello to my taxidermist friend, Buzzi Cook, for me if you bump into him up your way. Ditto for Jack Schwabland, if you know him.

Bill Quimby

Welcome to the forums! Lots of great people on here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg