Greetings from Maine

Gasser53

New member
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
17
Greetings all - my name is TK Steingass. I’m a 77 year old custom knifemaker out of Bucksport, Maine. Been making knives for 15 years and quite a few have gone to Africa and Alaska. Many years ago I had to sell my No 1 International 30-06 because money got tight. I recently saw a photo of a Lipseys stainless No 1 International in 6.5x55 Swede and I got the bug! Wish me luck finding one for sale - they are scarce as hen’s teeth!!

Mammoth-tooth.jpg
Wilderness.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings all - my name is TK Steingass. I’m a 77 year old custom knifemaker out of Bucksport, Maine. Been making knives for 15 years and quite a few have gone to Africa and Alaska. Many years ago I had to sell my No 1 International 30-06 because money got tight. I recently saw a photo of a Lipseys stainless No 1 International in 6.5x55 Swede and I got the bug! Wish me luck finding one for sale - they are scarce as hen’s teeth!!
Welcome! I’ve seen your work over on the knife forum. You make some great looking knives!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well hell, there goes $500. Welcome to the forum, I guess. LOL

Will be in touch one one of your knives. I love the looks of that EDC and will be headed to Hawaii soon so I NEED that Koa!
 
Well hell, there goes $500. Welcome to the forum, I guess. LOL

Will be in touch one one of your knives. I love the looks of that EDC and will be headed to Hawaii soon so I NEED that Koa!
Great! It’s available!!
 
:S Welcome:
 
Welcome to AH Gasser53!
 
Good day! Welcome!
 
Welcome!

Beautiful work on those blades!
 
:S Welcome: Those are great looking knives !
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,887
Members
169,462
Latest member
EaoacoYroacn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top