Greetings from Connecticut

JonP203

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SCI
Greetings from Connecticut! My name is Jon, I'm 33 years old and born and raised here in Connecticut. I grew up fishing and target shooting with family. No one in my family had hunted when I was growing up.

I met my wife at 21 years old and her Father introduced me to whitetail deer hunting. I was instantly hooked! I was in awe of the taxidermy work proudly displayed in his home. I carefully looked over each animal, admiring the beauty and detail of every animal. I dreamt of what these hunts were like ranging all over North America. From whitetail, mule deer, black bear, Dall ram and elk! I told myself one day I will have hunted these places and have my own stories to tell.

Thus far I have only hunted the Northeastern United States for whitetail and black bear. I will be adding South Africa to this list vrry soon thanks to my lovely wife. We attended a Central CT SCI banquet dinner and much to my surprise my wife bid on and won a plains game hunt for us! We are hunting with Limcroma for plains game August 2024.

We have been talking to friends who have hunted Africa in preparationfor our trip. Our great friend and fellow AH member Brandon has been a fantastic resource with a wealth of information. Inaddition we having been browsing this forum for several months and absorbing all the fantastic information other members have posted and provided.

Looking foward to continue to learn from the group and hopefully share my own experiences in the future.

Thanks,
Jon P

Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your upcoming trip to South Africa. A word of warning, Africa is addicting.

Welcome to you! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Good day! Welcome to AH from our side too!

Hello and welcome!

:S Welcome:

Welcome to the site and thanks for posting. Limcroma is a solid outfit, you will have. A great adventure. Take some extra trophy money, there will be opportunities to use it!
What is on your dream list?

Greetings from Connecticut! My name is Jon, I'm 33 years old and born and raised here in Connecticut. I grew up fishing and target shooting with family. No one in my family had hunted when I was growing up.

I met my wife at 21 years old and her Father introduced me to whitetail deer hunting. I was instantly hooked! I was in awe of the taxidermy work proudly displayed in his home. I carefully looked over each animal, admiring the beauty and detail of every animal. I dreamt of what these hunts were like ranging all over North America. From whitetail, mule deer, black bear, Dall ram and elk! I told myself one day I will have hunted these places and have my own stories to tell.

Thus far I have only hunted the Northeastern United States for whitetail and black bear. I will be adding South Africa to this list vrry soon thanks to my lovely wife. We attended a Central CT SCI banquet dinner and much to my surprise my wife bid on and won a plains game hunt for us! We are hunting with Limcroma for plains game August 2024.

We have been talking to friends who have hunted Africa in preparationfor our trip. Our great friend and fellow AH member Brandon has been a fantastic resource with a wealth of information. Inaddition we having been browsing this forum for several months and absorbing all the fantastic information other members have posted and provided.

Looking foward to continue to learn from the group and hopefully share my own experiences in the future.

Thanks,
Jon P
Welcome Jon! I am so excited for you and your wife to be going to South Africa. There is absolutely NOTHING like your first time in Africa. I envy you! Enjoy every second and be sure to share your experiences with us.

PS. Tell your wife to take plenty of layers. It is often chilly in the mornings and evenings (depending on where you are) and I HATE being cold. Maybe your wife is the same. I know I did not pack enough when we went to Nambia. Just saying!

Welcome, Jon! Now you have more than just me chirping in your ear. Ashley is getting a copy of Sue Tidwell's book Cries of the Savannah for Christmas from me. Great read, Beth's reading it now.

Welcome to the site and thanks for posting. Limcroma is a solid outfit, you will have. A great adventure. Take some extra trophy money, there will be opportunities to use it!
What is on your dream list?
Thanks, I'm looking foward to it and have heard great things about Limcroma. I'm planning on "getting my feet wet" with some plains game and hopefully be back at some point for cape buffalo!

Welcome Jon! I am so excited for you and your wife to be going to South Africa. There is absolutely NOTHING like your first time in Africa. I envy you! Enjoy every second and be sure to share your experiences with us.

PS. Tell your wife to take plenty of layers. It is often chilly in the mornings and evenings (depending on where you are) and I HATE being cold. Maybe your wife is the same. I know I did not pack enough when we went to Nambia. Just saying!
Thank you! We cannot wait! I'll pass the tip along as she does get chilly.

Welcome, Jon! Now you have more than just me chirping in your ear. Ashley is getting a copy of Sue Tidwell's book Cries of the Savannah for Christmas from me. Great read, Beth's reading it nonow.
Haha, chirp away. Awesome, I googled it and seems like a fantastic book that she will thoroughly enjoy!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Jon! Nice to have you as part of our community.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheAngloPrussian

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.