Great Birthday

A.Sharpe

AH veteran
Joined
Aug 8, 2013
Messages
145
Reaction score
14
Website
www.sharpeknives.com
Media
6
Hunted
USA , including Alaska
My wife surprised me with a cased set of W.D.M. Bell books. Bell of Africa, Wonderings of an Elephant Hunter and Karamojo Safari. This made for a great birthday, I have wanted these books for some time. She is one fantastic Lady .... I am so excited about these books I had to tell somebody. You guys are the only people I know who will appreciate how special this set is.
 
Very nice!
 
Happy Birthday
 
Very cool knife man.... A great choice of books on her part, (sure you had some influence on the decision). Happy birthday to you.
 
happy birthday a.sharpe
what a women hey,
just let her know mines on Thursday mate :biggrin2:
 
HB.

You have some special reading material to keep you occupied for a while.
 
Great books !

:birthday:
 
Happy Birthday!

You have some great reading material. Don't let it keep you off the forum.:)
 
Congrats on the birthday present..nice!

Belated happy birthday!
 
Thank-you everyone. Now to settle down with a fire and a good book.

Bell shoots 1,006 if I remember right. Oh shoot, I ruined the books for you!

You will really enjoy the books. If you can pull up an early 1900's Uganda, Kenya, Sudan map on the computer it might give you a better appreciation for his locations as your reading them. (It makes the books mean more to me anyway) Enjoy.
 
Thank-you Wheels, I will do that. I know what you mean. I told my grand-daughter that I had been to Rhodesia, about an hour later she came back and informed me that it wasn't on the globe so I had to give her a quick history lesson. I actually was impressed that she went to the globe and not the computer that lives in the palm of her hand.(Smart Phone)
 
I have been to Rhodesia.....a wonderful place.

The only Zimbabwe I have been to is the "Great Zimbabwe" down by Ft. Victoria......oh yea, there is no Ft. Victoria anymore either.:doh2:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,298
Messages
1,571,011
Members
169,091
Latest member
MadisonSto
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top