Good Evening

Christot

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, Hungary, Germany
Hello all,

after reading many years in this forum and having seen very many interesting posts the 9,3x62 debate finally motivated me joining this forum. If this is a real discussion going around in Africa that could be a game changer only seen once in a lifetime.

I personally wanted to hunt in Africa 2020 but than Covid-19 made it's own travel plans. Unfortunately those were in conflict with mine :cautious:. I have fingers crossed that 2021 will be better for all of us.

Whish you all the best

Last edited:
Welcome to the dark side, I hope you make it to Africa for your first safari in 2021. I will watch for the hunt report.

Welcome to AH Christot! Nice to have you on the posting side and looking forward to your contribution.

Welcome aboard!

Giday and welcome to the A H forums

Christot, welcome to AH! Glad you finally decided to join.
Yep my trip with my granddaughter to SA and Namibia got cancelled. Hoping things go better in 2021.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH. Hopefully your Africa hunting dream comes to fruition this year.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to the posting side.
I hope your plan comes off sooner than later.

Hello Christot,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome aboard Christot. What did you find intriguing in the posts concerning the 9.3 x 62? It has been one "hell" of a caliber for over 100 years. Do you own one, are you happy with it, or are you thinking about purchasing one? Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles you own, do you reload. The 9.3 x 62 makes a wonderful Deer or Elk rifle.
I don't own one personally, I have and use a 35 Whelen which is ballistically the same. Ammo for the 9.3 x 62 is available everywhere, but that is not true for the Whelen.

Well, relaxing requirements for hunting! based on something which makes sense! is not very common nowadays.
Typically requirements will be raised, things are getting more complicated and reasons are not based on common sense or logic. That Africa could be the continent to make it different, love it.

As a hunter I shot a 3 digit number of game while my preference is wild boar and red deer but i don't ignore the rest of game. I own a swede (6,5x55 SE) which I shoot open sights on competition, a 7x65R, a 308win and a 9,3x62.
With the latter I had a really interesting experience. Shot accidentally through two boars with one shot. The first one through both shoulde blades which dropped instantly and the second one made a run for 30m. Both with a live weight of about 55kg.
I'm a reloader, yes. And if someone asks me which is the best press: it's a Turban Präzipress which I own :giggle:.

Christot, you and I have a number of calibers in common. I dearly love my 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mausers. That is my go to caliber for Deer and Hog hunting. The rifle itself was way ahead of its' time. The accuracy of the Swedish Mausers taken as a whole is what lead me to purchasing one for each of my grandchildren. I also own a BRNO Super in 12 Ga. over a 7 65R, and a number of 308(s). Out of curiosity, what type of sights do you have on the Swede you shoot competitively?

Buying one for each of your grand children is a wise choice, Shootist43. They become rarely these days, especially the good ones. By the way I would have loved having such a grandpa but here that would not work because our laws are pretty restrictive. I have Tunheden sights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross