Going for my first my ZEBRA hunt....

EDD

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SAGA
Howzit guys.
Hold thumbs for I'm about to leave on my first Zebra hunt....
Will post the results when I come back, hopefully the nerves will calm down & the results will be positive!!!???

I never thought I would hunt Zebra.
I did this time around.

You are right to be excited. Sometimes they are easy, most times they are cunning and wiley beests.

Good luck.

best of skill to you edd
don't forget the pictures and a neat write up on your return

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but my hunt did not went very well... its not that I did not try, trust me, I walked & walked & stalked & stalked but to no avail... Lesson 1 learned: Zebra are very hard to hunt!!!!
Another thing that contributed to my failed hunt I think was the cold!?? But that is no excuse!
While stalking in the bush on my last day we came across a fresh kill on a young wildebeest made by a leopard. This was radioed in to owner of the ranch & he gave me the green light to hunt this Leopard seeing that he did have a permit. After negotiating a price & discussing strategy I was suddenly hunting Leopard.....!!!! WOW!!!! We build a blind & occupied at around 2 in the afternoon & the waiting game began! At around 3:45, guess what I saw....???? Two Zebra stallions strolling along about 30 meters behind the the dead wildebeest.... What to do!? Shoot one of the Zebra's or wait for the Leopard?????
I decided to wait for Mr Spots! Wrong decision of course, for he never showed!!!! I was kicking myself that night around the camp fire! Lesson 2 learned: Take what the bush offers you!!!! None the less, its was a great hunt & it just made me remember that nature doesn't play by our rules...!!!!

hey EDD you should have tossed a coin when the zebras walked past , then you could have blamed it.....because if you had shot the zebra the leopard would probably have walked past after :biggrin2:

LOL, I hear Spike!!! Will keep it in mind the next time I'am struggling with a decision :thumb:

That is the way of it.
Coin flipping has been good for me in the past.

At least you got a Leopard hunt out of it.

Next time, toss the coin. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nedaalden

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.