Global Rescue or ....... ?

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
12,677
Reaction score
18,059
Media
78
Articles
3
Hunting reports
Africa
11
USA/Canada
3
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
So @AZ KJ and I will be heading to Uganda in October to hunt with Jacques @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS. We won't be that far from Kampala, but we won't be that close either. For those of you who have bought these insurance plans for a medical emergency or anything else that may be covered, do you recommend Global Rescue or some other company?
 
Have done Global Rescue with no complaints.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Global rescue worked fine for me.

I think @Scott CWO used RipCord during his harrowing ordeal in CAR.
 
Ripcord did great for me. Former Special Forces guys and medical with John Hopkins.
 
Hard to go wrong with either Global Rescue or Ripcord.

We have used both in my business (currently use GR)... No complaints on either side..

Ive currently got guys in a handful of central African countries, a couple of east African countries, a couple of central American countries, etc.. wonderful garden spots like Somalia, South Sudan, etc.. and never had so much as even a minor problem.. to include having to do a couple of medical evacuations while South Sudan was in the middle of a civil war (non combat related medevac)..

FWIW, there are a number of decent hospitals/medical facilities in Uganda if you are in need of immediate relief for something.. Nowhere I'd want to go for cancer treatments, etc.. but for a more typical "out in the wild" type injury or malady (laceration, broken bone, etc or picking up a case of food poisoning, malaria, etc..).. Treatment would be absolutely ok..

When I had a team of US and European expats working for us in Uganda, they used the Kampala Independent Hospital and the International Hospital in Kampala.. There was also a clinic in Entebbe that they used a bit I believe, but I cant remember the name..

FWIW I got a BAD case of food poisoning in Juba in 2016 that had me laid up in an international clinic for a couple of days.. my doc was a Ugandan national that had been trained in France.. He actually took very good care of me.. between him and the retired USAF PJ we had assigned as our camp medic, I was back on my feet and feeling ok within a few days, despite painting an entire room with about 15lbs of projectile vomit and poo just 72 hours prior... Its been a few years since I last checked.. but Im pretty sure he is working at KIH now (one of our expats in Uganda had transferred there from Juba and told me that a couple of years back)...
 
You have an Amex Platinum card? Then neither unless you also need non-medical evacuation coverage. They are both about the same. I have purchased GR and never used it. If there’s an election close or to one I would purchase the non-medical evacuation coverage.
 
If you are a pilot, you can look at EA+...................I've used them several times, but, of course, you never know how good your insurance is until you need it. I haven't needed it.....yet...FWB
 
Used Global Rescue four times. Twice to South Africa and twice when contracting in either Middle East or
Kosovo, can't remember which. Never needed it though. If I go back I will use it again.
 
you might want to look at insurance thru your home owners insurance company, my agent saved me a bunch of money on medical and evacuation insurance this year on my trip to SA and will use him again next year
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,272
Messages
1,571,242
Members
169,283
Latest member
Patrick_Parker
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top