Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PHASA
Good day AH community,

Another wonderful Bushpig season comes to an end. We have a huge passion for these elusive animals and thoroughly enjoy the challenge of hunting them. We did not have many Bushpig hunts booked in 2023 but still enjoyed a 100% success rate! We could not however have asked for a better 2022 Bushpig season! We had a 100% opportunity rate with our hunters and were able to take 14 wonderful pig throughout the course of the season! This is no feat to be scoffed at when one considers the exceptional rainfall we had during that summer. This made it significantly harder to get pigs to commit to a bait but with perseverance we managed to make it work!

A Bushpig is definitely a less commonly known species but one that will challenge you like few others. Known locally as the "Poor man's Leopard hunt " it didn't just acquire that nickname - It EARNED it! This is truly one of the finest trophies one can take on our African soil and any hunter that has hunted one will understand the passion and addiction behind outsmarting these amazing animals.

We are extremely passionate about our Bushpig hunting here at Bayly Sippel Safaris and we like to ensure that our clients have the absolute best chance at success! We use either 1 of 2 methods. Method one is to hunt agricultural lands with night vision and thermals. It is a very exciting hunt and a nice way to experience Bushpig hunting in a new light (pun intended!). Method two is to bait the pigs and get them into a routine. Nothing is worse than sitting in a blind at night for 7 days on a hope and a prayer after flying halfway around the world and this is why we ensure that we do it properly. We don't start our bait sites a week before the client arrives but rather we never stop baiting! And from what we can see there is definitely no shortage of pigs!

Bushpig Package:

5 days/6 nights
1x Bushpig

USD$2725
EUR€2575

*Other species and extra days can be added as per price list
*Extra hunter's and observers welcome to join

Package includes:
• Licensed Professional Hunter, a Tracker, Skinner and hunting vehicle.
• Accommodation on a full board basis, incl. non-alcoholic drinks and table beer/wine
• Transfer from and to Johannesburg international Airport.
• Transport between and on hunting Area A and Area B
• Laundry service (Except on Sundays).
• Field preparation of Trophies.

Package excludes:
• Flight from and to Johannesburg International Airport, and any national flights from one concession to the next.
• Hard tack (whiskey, brandy etc)
• Firearms and ammunition. (Rifle Hire available at request)
• Hotel accommodation before and after the hunt – if required.
• Taxidermy, packing, insurance, transport.
• Dipping and shipping of trophies.
• Personal expenses ex. Tips, Telephone, Souvenirs etc.
• Tourist Programmes

We hope to hear from you all!

Contact us at: hunt@baylysippelsafaris.co.za for more info
+27 719821685 - Dempsey Bayly (available on WhatsApp)
+27 833994593 - Michael Sippel (German speaking available on WhatsApp)

Keep up with us on our various social media platforms:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BaylySippelHuntingSafaris/
Instagram: bayly_sippel_safaris
YouTube: Bayly Sippel Hunting Safaris

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly & Michael Sippel

Bayly Sippel Safaris US person of contact Dustin Knutson - dustinknut@gmail.com / Robert Williamson - Northslopegrips@gmail.com
Bayly Sippel Safaris Australian person of contact David Berner - davidberner1983@hotmail.com
Bayly Sippel Safaris France person of contact Romain Berthouly - rberthouly@hotmail.com
Bayly Sippel Safaris German person of contact Jorn Spitz - r93lexus@gmail.com
Bayly Sippel Safaris Canadian person of contact Brandon Isaac -isaacbr@gmail.com / Dean Macdonald - dmaed45@hotmail.com

Screenshot_20231030_114402_Gallery.jpg

20220718_014354-01.jpeg
IMG_2986-01.jpeg
IMG_5051-01.jpeg
IMG-20220408-WA0000-01.jpeg
P1160584-01.jpeg
P1170712-01.jpeg
P1170717-01.jpeg
P1180134-01.jpeg
P11702231655220479091-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20231030_114345_Gallery.jpg

IMG_5352.HEIC-01.jpeg
P1180153-01.jpeg
20220623_200919-01.jpeg
P11702031655220479088-01.jpeg
IMG_20210929_154049-01.jpeg
IMG_20210604_085926.jpg
IMG_20210413_193905-01.jpeg
17862701_1810402675948047_5167188428099569053_n.jpg

Truly amazing trophies for this elusive species.
Thank you very much! We were luckily able to hunt the last boar of 2023 just last week! Awesome walk and stalk hunt in the harvested potatoes - pics to follow soon!

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly & Michael Sippel

fa2fd651-ed27-412a-a4e2-0d6228966344-01.jpeg

P1200045-01.jpeg

What size/caliber of rifle do you typically use for bushpig? Is a .30-06 enough? Or should you move up to .375 H&H? I once shot a Russian Razorback in the States. I took a .375 H&H, as I was a bit concerned about what the thing could do to me...I knew archery guys that got ripped to shreds and almost killed by them. One guy there had a .30-06 with 180gr and hit one eight times to put it down. I hit mine once with a 300gr Trophy Bonded Bear Claw (I think that's the bullet...it was a Federal Premium load...) and he just fell over dead. Good eating :) He was about 230 pounds so probably smaller than the ones on here...

I used a 300, as it was what I had for “everything else”. I’ve never known them to need a more potent round than anything else their size.

Impressive bushpigs above for sure. They are a challenging hunt, largely underrated by foreign clients. Hunting them over hounds with the locals is a hoot.

What size/caliber of rifle do you typically use for bushpig? Is a .30-06 enough? Or should you move up to .375 H&H? I once shot a Russian Razorback in the States. I took a .375 H&H, as I was a bit concerned about what the thing could do to me...I knew archery guys that got ripped to shreds and almost killed by them. One guy there had a .30-06 with 180gr and hit one eight times to put it down. I hit mine once with a 300gr Trophy Bonded Bear Claw (I think that's the bullet...it was a Federal Premium load...) and he just fell over dead. Good eating :) He was about 230 pounds so probably smaller than the ones on here...
30-06 is more than enough for any pig. They're over rated imho.

Looks like where Hollywood got their inspiration for "Orc's ears"
Lovely colors and trophies!

Any of the .300 calibre rifles will get the job done perfectly! Once again it all comes down to shot placement. I think pigs can typically get one too excited in the heat of the moment and that is what can ultimately lead to poor shot placement or a rushed shot.

Any of the .300 calibre rifles will get the job done perfectly! Once again it all comes down to shot placement. I think pigs can typically get one too excited in the heat of the moment and that is what can ultimately lead to poor shot placement or a rushed shot.
Which region you guys hunt the pigs mostly?

Agreed. Shot pigs with everything from 243 to 375. All were the same amount of dead. My biggest boar was 350 (wild) shot him with my 300 Weatherby, not so much needed as it's just my pet rifle and I shoot most things with it.

Which region you guys hunt the pigs mostly?
We make the odd trip to Natal but 99% of our pigs are hunted in Limpopo either over bait or walk and stalk in potato lands or maize lands. We are fully equipped with both thermal scopes, night vision scopes and hand held thermals. Incredibly good fun!

Looks like a fun hunt, if I have my two in the salt we may have to do an add on.
Looks like we have a big boar on bait in time for your hunt! Looking forward to it!

Reactions: USN
Agreed. Shot pigs with everything from 243 to 375. All were the same amount of dead. My biggest boar was 350 (wild) shot him with my 300 Weatherby, not so much needed as it's just my pet rifle and I shoot most things with it.
100% shot placement is the key! Always nice to have a bigger gun but unfortunately a lot of these night sights and thermals don't like big recoils!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadiamahi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.