Gaur, Indian Bison

$120 was that the cost to hunt just Guar or other species as well? Cost for tiger, leopard, guar and usual length of hunt. Thanks for this information and all of the other information you have provided about India’s hunting traditions.
 
$120 was that the cost to hunt just Guar or other species as well? Cost for tiger, leopard, guar and usual length of hunt. Thanks for this information and all of the other information you have provided about India’s hunting traditions.
Thank you so much for your kind words , Johnny Reb .
$120 American Dollars was the cost of a gaur shikar.
 
Gaurs are really Royal Game to me!
Those must have been great times, when you could hunt Gaur and Tiger on one trip...

1956_09_SportsAfield_gaur.jpg
beater & bison.jpg
DSC04104.JPG
s-l16002.jpg
thom_burma.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great thread. I grew up in India and have seen huge gaur many times in National Parks mostly Mudumalai, Anamalai, Hasanur / Dimbum, Kodaikanal etc. They are the most stunning and spectacular animal apart from the tiger.

Madras Christian College zoology department used to have a gaur head that was 48 inches wide shot in Travancore in the 1920s i think.

A Tea or coffee Plantation in Chikmangalur had a head that was 47 inches wide but more massive horns.

The Wild Water buffalo of Assam (Bubalis Arni) is slightly bigger than the gaur and far more dangerous. It is said to be more dangerous than the cape buffalo.
 
@Professor Mawla,
Can you tell us about this photo? How this gaur was shot?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,269
Messages
1,571,094
Members
169,257
Latest member
PatrickHen
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top