Full size buffalo target

matt2H

AH senior member
Joined
Nov 26, 2023
Messages
51
Reaction score
171
Media
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
In order to prepare for my July Buffalo hunt (Trip Report here) I purchased the life sized Cape Buffalo target from Africa Sporting Creations (Link: HERE).

It mounted on 3 boards with kick back stands for setup at the range. It will win no prizes in any wood working competition - but it is functional and certainly assisted me a great deal. The two end boards are stapled in place while the center ones are only secured at the top to enable the flip back and examination of your bullet placement. There is an additional sheet of the target that can be placed over the existing ones that has not been used at all. The bottom picture is of the target as it is now - with black stickers in place over the bullet holes.

My wife tells me that I should just trash it, but before I do - I would like to offer it to the AH community. I want no payment for it - but it would have to be collected in Northern Phoenix (Cave Creek) AZ. It fits in the truck bed of my Tundra.

No sensitivity here at all - if you feel this is a shoddy offer as my wife does - please let me know and I will remove :LOL:

Image 8 The life size buffalo target – this target replaced the bullseye target in the last co...png
Image 9 He’s certainly spotty now and the ability to gain immediate feedback.png
 
Sounds like your Mrs just doesn't understand us hunters.
 
I think those black dots look like lots of dead buffalo and excellent preparation. :)
 
I think it is quite thoughtful to pay it forward for another guy. It is just a long ways from MO!
 
You could easily cut out a silhouette of the vitals and hang a sacrificial piece of wood/steel from the back, and get a lot of life out of a fun target for the backyard or club range.
 
LOL - thank you - those black dots helped me a great deal and resulted in a one shot, top of the heart bullet placement. It did help that my buffalo stood exactly as this target did...
 
You could easily cut out a silhouette of the vitals and hang a sacrificial piece of wood/steel from the back, and get a lot of life out of a fun target for the backyard or club range.
This is my backup plan if no-one takes it, I will take it on through to Cow Town shooting range. I would prefer to assist any aspirant buffalo hunters as my first option :)
 
can you remove it from the board, fold it up and ups it to texas. i will pay for shipping, being of paper/cloth should be reasonable. plus 20.00 $
 
If I were anywhere near you, I'd happily look to take it off your hands.

But instead I'll have to settle for making myself a similar one.
 
I think it's pretty darn thoughtful of you, if I weren't on the other side of the country I'd love to have it. Thank you for thinking of the rest of us!!
 
Thank you for the interest and messages all!

I'm going to honor the first message received, which was @Fenstar via DM.

Apologies @sptrout - I received the DM before your post. For completeness sake - the full order, including shipping to Phoenix from @African Sporting Creations was $64. Here is the link if you would like to order from them directly (They are great to deal with, Link: HERE).
 
No problem, wonder what the herd bull will do when it sees that standing in the pasture
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,361
Members
169,534
Latest member
JoniWills
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top