Full moon peep insert

Shawn.54, I saw this sight in one of the posts re. your 404 Jeffery threads. I suggested that you thread it now, so you could install an insert at a later time if you wanted to. The tang moves the rear sight even closer to the eye, that is why I was wondering if you ever considered it. Most guys would do just what you're doing. Tang sights are more a thing of the past and are normally used on less powerful rifles. On second thought maybe suggesting them was a "bum" idea.
 
Last edited:
Shawn.54, have you ever thought of using a "tang" site on your 404? Many years ago I purchased a rifle second hand that had a tang sight on it. There was a removable insert in it, I removed the insert and after some range testing and a white tail hunt never put it back.

Tang sights were reportedly tried ( and discontinued) on heavy recoiling rifles, due to a propensity to take out the shooter's eye. This is why tang sights that lock into position are recommended for non-blackpowder centrefire loads and when using self defence loads in light rifles like the Model 94 trapper in .44 Magnum.
 
How many thousandths thick will the cerakote coating be?
 
That is a great looking sight Shaun. One reason to thread the aperture is that it will help to disrupt any possibility of shine strike. I really like the ones I have had and those I still have. A very quick and accurate sighting system and being bridge mounted on the heavier rifles it gives the longest sighting plain and negates any possibility of recoil danger that a bolt mounted or more particularly a tang mounted sight might promote.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,383
Messages
1,574,674
Members
170,099
Latest member
KatieVassa
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top