AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
I had thought to offer the forum members a group buy on a knife where I can offer it at a reduced price if I get enough orders to make the offer viable but rather than me deciding which knife to offer, I decided I would offer a choice of these five knives and let you decide which knife you would prefer. Reduced price would be for a plain blackwood handle and would be for a minimum 20 knife order.
Upgrades for bolsters available at US$20 except for A the EDC Small game knife
Choices are the
A. The 3 inch EDC Small game knife at US$145

A.   EDC Small Game.jpg

B. The 4 3/4 inch Big Game knife at US$165

B.   Big Game.jpg

C. A 4 1/4 inch Hunter Skinner at US$160

C.   Hunter Skinner.jpg

D. A 4 1/8 inch Skinner at US$160

D.  Skinner.jpg

Or E The 5 1/2 inch JT Ranger at US$185

E.  JT Ranger.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had thought to offer the forum members a group buy on a knife where I can offer it at a reduced price if I get enough orders to make the offer viable but rather than me deciding which knife to offer, I decided I would offer a choice of these five knives and let you decide which knife you would prefer. Reduced price would be for a plain blackwood handle and would be for a minimum 20 knife order.
Upgrades for bolsters available at US$20 except for A the EDC Small game knife
Choices are the
A. The 3 inch EDC Small game knife at US$145

View attachment 231639

B. The 4 3/4 inch Big Game knife at US$165

View attachment 231640
C. A 4 1/4 inch Hunter Skinner at US$160

View attachment 231668

D. A 4 1/8 inch Skinner at US$160

View attachment 231669

Or E The 5 1/2 inch JT Ranger at US$185

View attachment 231670
I would be in for D or C. Thank you.

I love the idea, I just think there's a better knife to be had. I think your safari bush knife you built (thank you for the prototype) is a PERFECT tool for Africa. There is no unwholesome, damaging, harmful prying, chiseling, or whacking that knife won't endure. It's super easy to sharpen. It's easy to get razor sharp in a minute on a stropping board. The grips don't get slippery if bloody, etc.

I really, really, like that knife design you made. It is indestructible and can be embellished if a customer so desired.

Your beautiful Safari Bush Knife is the bottom one. As people may note, it is dimensionally and materially superior to the BEST two alternatives money can buy, also photographed. No matter what you do, you will never ruin that knife.

IMG_0478.jpg

I would be in for B, C, D or the one rookhawk suggests.

And I'm all in on quality at an affordable price;)

Perhaps a single or split shipment option to one member who could bring them to DSC and or SCI? If the savings justify the effort....

C or D for me as well.

I would be in on 3 of E

Thanks for the immediate feedback It seems that C, D, and E and with @rookhawk ,s sugestion F will be the Bushcraft Hunter.
3 3/4 in cuting edge of .154 O1 steel with Micarta handles and either the horrizontal cross draw or behind the hip sheath at US$190
safari knife -micarta.JPG
Buffalo horn handles US$215
Gus's buff horn safari knife # 3.JPG

I would be in for B, C, D or the one rookhawk suggests.

And I'm all in on quality at an affordable price;)

Perhaps a single or split shipment option to one member who could bring them to DSC and or SCI? If the savings justify the effort....

Shipping to the US, Canada and Australia has been running at $25 for one knife, $32 for two and $40 for 3.
After the first block price it goes up in 100gm increments so weight is the deciding factor in shipping costs.

Just to add confusion..........A, B or E.

I actually need to get a replacement of A! The dummy that I am, I lost the one I had as it slipped out of the AH.com special sheath when I was hunting varmints at night. Might be interested in an upgraded wood too - that Kauri wood I've seen you use is gorgeous.

What is the actual savings being passed on by doing 20 of one kind?

I would be on board for one of “F”

@Von Gruff

I've been meaning to purchase a knife from you for a while, but just keep forgetting to pull the trigger. I really like the Bushcraft Hunter knife that Rookhawk mentioned. I would be interested in purchasing one of those, but with a Swamp Kauri handle and Buffalo Horn Bolster. Also with a Horizontal Cross Draw leather sheath. How much would that be expected to cost?

@sandman0921 The kauri upgrade is the same as the buff horn upgrade above, and with boster added to that would be another $25 so total would be $240

@Von Gruff

If we end up doing a group buy, I'll take ONE of the Bushcraft Hunter knives with the Swamp Kauri handle scale upgrade with the buffalo horn bolsters. I would like a Horizontal Cross Draw leather sheath as well. Just let me know how to handle payment (assuming PayPal like your website instructions). Thanks for putting this together. It got me off my rump and made me remember to purchase one....:D

If if we don't have enough to do the group buy, I'll individually buy one...

@sandman0921 it may be that with the different choices members have made that I just do a group buy with these choices as options instead of holding out for enough of the one choice.

OK. I think I’m reading you correctly that you want to limit the choices and options to make it cost effective versus unlimited options that would make it too difficult from an expense and time standpoint? If that’s not what you’re saying I apologize for being so dense. It’s been a long day. I would like the options I outlined above and if need be, I can just place the order separately. However you’d like. Thanks again for taking the time to correspond.

I will do one of whatever you ultimately end up settling on. I don't have much use for a knife with a 5" plus blade, but if it gets you to 20, count me in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg