Hemingway's Guns

Frostbite

AH enthusiast
Joined
Oct 17, 2025
Messages
345
Reaction score
82
Location
Minnesota
1760910123156.png


Great book with a lot of detail and pictures you can't find anywhere else.

Fairly expensive but worth it to me.

I highly recommend it.

I'm now reading Mary Hemingway's autobiography and trying for info on the 6.5 Mannlicher she used in Africa.

She had a lot of problems with her shooting but it seems it was only with the 6.5 which was a loaner and not in the best of shape. I'm trying to figure out if her problems were just due to the condition of the rifle.

I'll report on that book when I finish it.

 
Last edited:
Fairly expensive but worth it to me.
I bought it few years ago, price was not worth mentioning then. If I remember correctly, it was around 50 USD, plus or minus.

Yes, good read, recommended!
 
One of my favorite books! Very well researched and documented. it is worth every penny if you are a Hemingway fan, firearms enthusiast or just a bust out hunter like me. On a related side note, my duck hunting partner gave me his grandfathers Model 12. Upon reading the book, I found that serial number correlation between Hemingway's Model 12 from 1928 and my buddies grandfathers Model 12 showed that they were built at the factory at the same time. The same craftsmen that made Hemingway's shotgun also built mine. I know, dorky story but its neat stuff like that I like to trace back...
 
I bought it few years ago, price was not worth mentioning then. If I remember correctly, it was around 50 USD, plus or minus.

Yes, good read, recommended!
For me, that's kind of expensive.

I try to get books for a dollar at estate sales and rummage sales.

:D
 
New hardcover is $40 on Amazon right now.. good in used condition is available on Abe’s Books for about $24…
 
Ordered one. Thank you for the recommendation.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,571,725
Members
169,402
Latest member
brookthimble
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top