Fort McMurray - Wildfire

 
Fires are so destructive. my prayers go out to everyone out there.
 
One of my colleagues at work just showed me the ruins of his mothers and sisters homes. Time to show everyone what we are made of and help out where and when we can.
 
Fort St John in BC has 2 bad fire north west of the city and a lot of the small communities have been evacuated. Also another one in High Level. The Alberta government has put a ban on ATV's on crown land. It just keeps getting worse
 
The entire forest here is waiting to explode into flames.

Stay safe.
 
Hope you guys get some good rains.
 
Hallo all. Specific to those at Fort McMurrey. My thoughts with you all and my brother. Namibian born, and carved out a living for himself in Canada the hard way.
Currently he is actively engaged with the efforts of fighting the fires as a freelance helicopter pilot. There are more that 80 helicopters in the sky at any single moment. He surely is doing his best as I know him, longlining the bambi bucket.
Reports on him that I received from his wife.
"I got a message from Ryno this morning, he is good! Very busy, its chaotic there, the entire city has been evacuated"
"Ryno called, all good, work hard"
Afrikaans: "Besig in brande FM Canada" Translated, Busy on fires FM Canada"
Young daughter" This is Ryno helicopter"

From me: Sterkte Ryno veg die vuur.
Ryno helicopter.JPG
 
As noted, the fires have taken a turn for the worse over the last two days.

Note that the Canadian federal government - which doesn't seem to be doing much of anything about this - turned down offers of help from the US and Russia a week ago because the fires were under control and we could handle them.

Thanks, Ottawa.
 
As noted, the fires have taken a turn for the worse over the last two days.

Note that the Canadian federal government - which doesn't seem to be doing much of anything about this - turned down offers of help from the US and Russia a week ago because the fires were under control and we could handle them.

Thanks, Ottawa.


Your First Lady wants help........just not with the fires.:(

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/d2c1...-trudeaus-wife-criticized-wanting-extra-staff


Hope they get the fires knocked down and under control.
 
We are not like the US we do not have a "First Lady " she has no official duties. She is just a spoiled entitled pothead that waste oxygen.

That's exactly like the U.S. currently.
 
"Firefighters from U.S., South Africa to join Fort McMurray fire fight
Officials say about 1,000 additional crews from across Canada, the U.S. and South Africa will be joining firefighters to battle the Fort McMurray blaze."

Thanks for helping out guys!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully all the support and effort are able to get things under control soon.

We just had a fire at my base yesterday. Luckily, only 1400 acres burned. Had the fire jumped one more road, we would have evacuated housing areas.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,306
Messages
1,572,352
Members
169,528
Latest member
MickiMoody
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top