For you beer drinkers...

Are hefeweizens popular in Namibia? With German heritage, I would think they would be brewed or imported.
Off topic but I see your a homebrewer. What do you like to brew? I like about anything brewed with citrus or Columbus hops. Than usually a stout or porter for the winter.

Sensible size bottle as well.. :E Big Grin: :D Beers: old photo says Zaire...now DRC..

IMG-20201115-WA0000.jpg

Some beer trivia for you beer drinkers: Little known fact is that Nigeria is #2 in the world for Guinness consumption (ahead of Ireland) and Cameroon is #5.

20160828_141731.jpg

Some beer trivia for you beer drinkers: Little known fact is that Nigeria is #2 in the world for Guinness consumption (ahead of Ireland) and Cameroon is #5.

View attachment 375878
Is that per capita or net?

There's a few more people in those places than in Ireland, but I'd back the local boys to drink more than their fair share!

Is that per capita or net?

There's a few more people in those places than in Ireland, but I'd back the local boys to drink more than their fair share!
I believe that is net @Alistair.
From my understanding 40% of all Guinness is consumed in Africa. UK is firmly in #1!
:D Beers: I have not moved the US consumption standing as much as I have tried!

Off topic but I see your a homebrewer. What do you like to brew? I like about anything brewed with citrus or Columbus hops. Than usually a stout or porter for the winter.
Ever since I brewed up an 18 month old girl, I haven't made any beer...and when you are pushing 40 its makes it that much worse.

Hefe and Belgians are my favorite to make. Can't screw up 45% red wheat and 55% 2row or pilsner malt and cane sugar.

I enjoy making wine more. Imo there is a lot less work and mess. My go to is concord grapes and massive amounts of sugar. My family making it for 100 years.

For all y ou real drinkers out there in the northern territory of Australia we have a small bottle of beer called Darwin stubbies.
In Australia we have small bottles called stubbies and the larger ones are called long necks.
How many of you fellas could drink a 6 pack of Darwin stubbies???
Screenshot_20201117-121413_Google.jpg

For all y ou real drinkers out there in the northern territory of Australia we have a small bottle of beer called Darwin stubbies.
In Australia we have small bottles called stubbies and the larger ones are called long necks.
View attachment 375899
I'll take one for the team.....

Another beer I like is Canadian, called Blue Buck. When we visit my daughter and hubby in Nanaimo, I stock up and bring some home. My wife is there now while I hold down the fort here, and she will be bringing back a flat or two for me!

We had beer vans at university in Canada back in my day. If you were having a party you called up the beer rep and he brought the van equipped with sound system and loaded with flats of chilled beer, FREE! Our TA was the Molson rep so our parties were supplied with Canada’s best, Canadian!

Ever since I brewed up an 18 month old girl, I haven't made any beer...and when you are pushing 40 its makes it that much worse.

Hefe and Belgians are my favorite to make. Can't screw up 45% red wheat and 55% 2row or pilsner malt and cane sugar.

I enjoy making wine more. Imo there is a lot less work and mess. My go to is concord grapes and massive amounts of sugar. My family making it for 100 years.
Wine is definitely easier to make. The white zinfandel kits are better than most that you can buy in a liquor store.

View attachment 375899
Bob, I may have been known to accept such a challenge.
However, as the years have gone by I must now stipulate that there be no requirement that I actually remember later whether I was successful in the challenge.

I'd give a crack at it Bob!

Bob, I may have been known to accept such a challenge.
However, as the years have gone by I must now stipulate that there be no requirement that I actually remember later whether I was successful in the challenge.
@RandyF
That's 12 litres of beer mate.
Bob

@RandyF
That's 12 litres of beer mate.
Bob
That's likely what will be inscribed on my tombstone then.

I'm rarely accused of having too much sense.

Besides, it's just a bigger caliber, I can handle the recoil...right up until I fall down.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!