For Sale Seekins Havak PH1 NIB 28 Nosler

mikecatt13

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Have a Seekins Havak PH1 (the orginal with the hand fit stock) brand new in the box, never fired or had a scope mounted. Chambered in 28 Nosler. $1750 obo plus shipping.

Built a chassis version with carbon barrel with some parts from competitive shooting winnings so this one needs to go to fund a safari! The Seekins actions are top notch and the 28 Nosler is an awesome cartridge. Have easily had the one I'm keeping on steel out to 1255 yards, and killed a whitetail and an auodad with it that didnt go 15 yards combined. All with factory ELD-Xs. Great hunting cartridge for as close or as far as you wanna shoot
20200226_170959.jpg

Make an offer, I got a safari to pay for lol

Unless buying in quantity, you can't hardly build a custom for this price. The cartridge is a great long range shooter too.

Unless buying in quantity, you can't hardly build a custom for this price. The cartridge is a great long range shooter too.
Its definitely closer to a full custom than off the shelf of a "big brand". They're typically priced around $2200

Does this rifle come with a brake? Thanks.
It does not currently. It is threaded with a thread protector. If someone wanted a brake, I may have one sitting around I can include or possibly acquire one that i could include with it or for very cheap (i have connections to get deals below retail on some stuff). If you're interested and want a brake with it PM me an offer and let's talk about it and see what I can do to make a deal

It has come to my attention that cabelas is advertising these for $1699. The 28 nosler version has "limited stock" which often actually means no stock, and this one wasnt made as a large batch production for a big retail chain, its hand fit hand bedded etc. And is in stock.

That said, AH special $1650

Mike

Now that's a beauty.

That's a rifle and round that screams to be owned by a true rifleman and a hunter who knows the difference between just hitting and hitting and killing .

The ballistic twin of the 7mm VHSE.

Mike

Now that's a beauty.

That's a rifle and round that screams to be owned by a true rifleman and a hunter who knows the difference between just hitting and hitting and killing .

The ballistic twin of the 7mm VHSE.
I love the round, just cant justify having 2 when there are safaris to pay for :D

I'm keeping this one. Almost completely built of stuff I've won. Took the Turkey at 571 yards, god bless Texas game laws lol
20191116_100456.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There's another forum, can't mention the name but it's for long range guys, that this would probably sell fairly quick.
That's a bargain price for a rifle in that cartridge.

Mike, did you get the rifle sold?

Damn. I was afraid you were going to say that!

I’ve got a 7RM, but have been intrigued by some of the Nosler rounds. Don’t really need another rifle, but that's logical thinking. Have to fight that down from time to time.

Damn. I was afraid you were going to say that!

I’ve got a 7RM, but have been intrigued by some of the Nosler rounds. Don’t really need another rifle, but that's logical thinking. Have to fight that down from time to time.
Lol I absolutely love the round and I havent even felt the need to handload. The seekins actions are awesome, several people I know have complete havaks that shoot amazing. I've been tempted several times to just keep this one but have refrained from shooting it lol

Lol I absolutely love the round and I havent even felt the need to handload. The seekins actions are awesome, several people I know have complete havaks that shoot amazing. I've been tempted several times to just keep this one but have refrained from shooting it lol

I knew Seekins made AR stuff, but didn’t realize they started into the bolt guns. My brother built an SBR off one a couple years ago.

I have zero experience with the Noslers, but it looks like it takes the heavier weights out about 200+FPS over the RM. That’s just what the load books have said. Practical experience tells me it might be more.

After the DSC show, I was planning on sending one of mine to Hill Country Rifles to switch to a 6.5x284. Bought dies, but hadn’t gotten brass yet. Looks like I’ll switch gears for a while.

Hey to everyone who has followed this sale. Mike is one of the nicest and professional guys you could ever hope to deal with. He’s one of the reasons Africahunting is the best there is. Hope to one day catch up with him at an AH get together.

Thanks Mike!

Doug

Hey to everyone who has followed this sale. Mike is one of the nicest and professional guys you could ever hope to deal with. He’s one of the reasons Africahunting is the best there is. Hope to one day catch up with him at an AH get together.

Thanks Mike!

Doug
Wow Doug, truly appreciate the kind words! Right back at you and hope to see you at a show or better yet in the field one day! Enjoy the rifle my friend

You'll like that 28. Reloder 33 and VV570 are my go to powders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.