For Sale Remington 700 416 Rem Mag

RStien321

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I have a 416 Rem Mag up for sale. This rifle has a few minor stock dings, but is otherwise in great shape. The rifle also has some awesome functional upgrades with a 510 Timney trigger and a M16 style extractor installed by LRI. The only issue I ever ran into with this rifle was some slight inconsistencies in feeding. The culprit was a misaligned magazine, and after straightening that out there have been no issues.

Rifle + shipping (US only -bases, rings, and scope not included) - $1100

0253B8DA-CD6F-4925-8923-76ACE93350B0.jpeg
350CD05E-AF9C-4765-83D9-4D1CD6E78109.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
How does the gun shoot? I like that you had LRI install a controlled extractor.

I have put about 25 rounds through it. It shot very well using Hornady DGX factory ammo, and was a breeze to get dialed in. Only group I shot of a bench at 100 yards was 1-1/4" (I will not shoot a big bore off a bench after that experience!).

I shot a few handloads I was working up with A-frames, but was mainly just looking for pressure signs or sticky extraction, of which there was none while loading to max loads in Swifts reloading manual.

Looks like after a little make over this rifle will be heading to South Africa in June of 2019 for a Buff hunt with Gerrit at Bos en Dal Safaris
I guess its game on Mark:):whistle:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdetteBlam

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you