For Sale Matrix Tuned CZ 550 .458 Lott

Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life DSC, TSRA, Life NRA
Hunted
US, Argentina, Scotland, Austria, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Australia, New Zealand
Offered for sale is my Matrix tuned CZ 550 .458 Lott. These are the guys selected by Wayne Jacobson to continue on his CZ upgrade work after American Hunting Rifles started focusing on custom orders only. I cherry picked the desired updates but it is almost identical to their #3 package. Removed the front sight, cut and crowned barrel to 22”, new front sight, with appropriate insert, height matched to existing aperture sight on rifle (believe I still have this loose and will include), Matrix proprietary rear express sight (currently installed), new black Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad, shaped to fit, sling swivel barrel band, installed new trigger, polished action and confirmed feeding, installed new flag safety, straightened and filled bolt knob and added texture, sand blasted metal, and Duracoated metal with satin black. 8 lbs. 11 oz on my digital scale with a 14” LOP.

Nearly all of the improvements were focused on function. This is an honest working rifle and has been hunted. There are some minor knicks in the stock that I’ve highlighted in the pictures below. Overall, it has the classic walnut and blued look. While there may be prettier rifles, there aren’t going to be much better functional rifles. This is a very capable and reliable DG rifle. It comes to shoulder quickly and on point. Feeds like butter. I’ve shot it off sticks less than 20 times and am the second owner. I’m of average build and find it comfortable to shoot with a good fit that limits muzzle climb and allows for quick follow up shots. Even my sister who is my height but 50 pounds lighter shot it well. This is a DG rifle that I would not hesitate to take anywhere with confidence.

Included with the rifle are some loaded ammo, dies, and primed brass. Enough to get you started shooting and have brass to begin reloading.
  • 34 rounds factory Hornady DGS 500 grain + 6 once fired brass
  • 45 handloads (roughly an even mix of Swift A-Frames and Woodleigh SNRN; both 500 grain) made for this rifle
  • 19 primed Hornady brass
  • Hornady Custom Grade Dies

I’m asking for $5,895 for the full package plus shipping to your FFL. This is less than replacement value for the tuned gun alone (my guess would be $3k for the gun and $3.4k per Matrix’s #3 pricing quoted on their website). Ammo and components I’d estimate at around another $1,000. Only selling to make some room in the safe. Would love to see this solid package get passed along to someone that can appreciate it and put it to work against DG as the good lord intended.

cz-550-15-jpg.536082

Attachments

• CZ 550-15.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10,040
  • CZ 550-16.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 143
  • CZ 550-14.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 422
Last edited by a moderator:
CZ 550-41.jpg

Attachments

• CZ 550-18.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 143
  • CZ 550-35.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 117
  • CZ 550-40.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
  • CZ 550-37.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 104

Attachments

• CZ 550-42.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 126
  • CZ 550-43.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 133
  • CZ 550-44.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
  • CZ 550-47.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 138
Bad news: weekend is over

Good news: you can keep the good weekend vibes going by buying a sweet new rifle.

@mods would appreciate some help loading pictures. Can only get pics to load as attachments, not in line. Tried different browsers, settings, etc.

Still available

Last bump before posting elsewhere

This sweet little package needs a home where it can be put to use

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreemanHar

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.