Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Namibia
$5,500

DWM Argentine Model 1909 with a 22” barrel having a quarter rib with fixed blade rear sight and a barrel band ramp front sight with hood. The quarter rib extends over the receiver and is dovetailed for the front scope ring while the rear has been built up to a square bridge with integral dovetail. Mounts are Kimber/Brownell detachable rings with a Leupold Vari-X III 1.5-5X scope. The bolt knob is checkered and there is a Dakota side-swing safety. The bolt stop release is built up and checkered. The Timney trigger resides in what appears to be 1909 bottom metal with a straddle floorplate. The floorplate, grip cap, receiver, quarter rib, scope rings, etc. are engraved by Rex Pederson.

The stock is English walnut with a shadowline cheekpiece, two-screw steel grip cap, ebony fore end tip, vacant silver oval, inletted sling swivel studs, and a black Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad. The wood and metal are both very good to excellent condition with just very minor wear from handling. I’ve never shot this rifle, much less hunted with it. PM with your email address if you’d like any additional photos.

Overall left.jpg
Overall right.jpg
Action right.jpg
Bolt handle detail.jpg
Cheekpiece.jpg
Floorplate.jpg
Grip cap.jpg
Quarter rib.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking rifle! Good luck with your sale.

That's a lot of customization for the money. Gorgeous rifle, good luck on the sale!

Very handsome! I’d be scared I’d scratch it hunting! Best of luck in your sale!

Thanks for the compliments! It's the most embellished rifle I own and looks quite nice in person.

Fabulous rifle, Kurt..............I love those DWM 1909 Argentines .....The lumber is pretty fair as well.........good luck with the sale................FWB

Hermoso rifle..!!!, tengo una acción ´98 Arg. impecable disponible.., me encantaría hacer un 9.3 x 62 con ese diseño..., hay buenos armeros aquí en Argentina para hacerlo, no hay que modificar absolutamente nada, pero no hay caños de buena calidad disponibles...

Who built it ?
I'm not entirely sure, as I didn't commission it, but it’s supposed to be stocked and finished by Dennis Barret and the quarter rib by Kip Wood. This is according to the previous owner. The engraving is signed “REX” which is Rex Pedersen. Whoever made it, they certainly knew what they were doing.

I took the stock off last night to look for any markings in the barrel channel but there weren't any. The inletting was very nicely done, as you would expect.

Thanks Kurt, I appreciate the reduction but with little information on the gun of maker, etc.., still quite steep for me. If you change your mind, my offer still stands. Best of luck!

My God, you do have some beautiful rifles for sale. BTW, I can be adopted. :) LOL!!!!! Good luck with the sale sir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg