AH senior member
Reaction score
Website
ammoguide.com
Media
Member of
NRA Patron Life, NAHC Life, SCI, RMEF
Hunted
South Africa, Argentina, Norway, Korea, England, 4 Canada Provinces, 2 Mexico States, 12 US States
I have 2 full unopened boxes of North Fork .323" 220gr hollow point bullets. Boxes were marked SS when I bought them on line, but when I looked at them they are HP. I have no use for pointed HP bullets. After decades of seeing pointed hollow point bullets being used only for targets and varmints, I just can't get my head around the thought of using the design on Big Game. They may have been proven game getters, but I'm still not going to use them. I cannot find these bullets in North Forks website so I'm assuming they are no longer being made.
$100 for both boxes shipped to US addresses only.

20240126_191813.png
20240126_191834.png
20240126_191900.png
20240126_191925.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve never seen that nose on a NF. What’s the stamped lot number on the inside flap ? I’ve sent a photo of these to Jorgen to get his opinion ( these bullets were produced before he bought NF but he may have some input)

There's nothing stamped on the inside of the end flap, but stamped on the outside of the end flap of both boxes is 322205

There's nothing stamped on the inside of the end flap, but stamped on the outside of the end flap of both boxes is 322205
Just my opinion but it looks as though they didn’t get the final step(s) of shaping the nose - again, that’s just my take on this. I’ll hopefully find out more soon.

Well I heard from Jorgen…Here is the response from North Fork :

Hi Martin
It's protected tip. 257, 264 323 have protected tip.

So I was wrong about the nose shaping - they are good to go.

Jorgen also sent this response :

323 is one of the best bullet we make. Even better expansion and more weight retention. Better bc as well.

I considered getting them - want to rechamber a 8x57 to 8x68
What barrel are you considering using? The 8x68 is on my list to build also. I was planning to use a Pac-Nor Pre-Fit #2 contour 1:9 twist Super Match stainless

Going to run these in my 325WSM (Montana Rifle Co X2) let's see if we can find a nice Elk/Moose load.
My M70 325 WSM likes 160gr Peregrine VRG-4s. 323 bullet selection is very limited since California passed into law a ban on all leaded hunting ammo- rifle, pistol, and shotgun. They also passed an irrevocable lifetime ban on Bear hunting rather than limiting the number of tags issued like they have for Deer and Elk.

What barrel are you considering using? The 8x68 is on my list to build also. I was planning to use a Pac-Nor Pre-Fit #2 contour 1:9 twist Super Match stainless
I recently purchased an old FN rifle with a double set trigger in 8x57 that I plan on punching out the chamber (along with all the other alterations). It’s got a 23” barrel so not ideal but not terrible. I really like Pac-Nor barrels so I think you’ve made a good choice for yours.
These claw mount sights are in the clouds so not sure what I’ll do about that though. Might try to find a lower set that I can have fitted. Another higher comb stock is also an option. I need a different rail mount scope though! Help !
IMG_5140.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liyideyiqie006

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani