AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Alaska,lower 48
Well it is time to be back in Africa! with all the up's and down's of the last year, Having to move two safaris from last year to this year, I am ready.
Have worked through about 20-30 changes in flights and changing airlines twice, everything is in place. Got my covid test yesterday with results last night. Rechecking my packing list and have bags packed. Will be backing my buddy up on 2 of the Big 5 on the first half of the trip and =then flying down to Eastern Cape to hunt with Marius @KMG Hunting Safaris for some of the tiny 10 and night kritters. Will write a detailed report upon my return home. Intend to savor every second.

Well it is time to be back in Africa! with all the up's and down's of the last year, Having to move two safaris from last year to this year, I am ready.
Have worked through about 20-30 changes in flights and changing airlines twice, everything is in place. Got my covid test yesterday with results last night. Rechecking my packing list and have bags packed. Will be backing my buddy up on 2 of the Big 5 on the first half of the trip and =then flying down to Eastern Cape to hunt with Marius @KMG Hunting Safaris for some of the tiny 10 and night kritters. Will write a detailed report upon my return home. Intend to savor every second.
Good Luck in your hunt Dave. Thanks for helping out with my request. Give us a good report.

Oh man, I'm jealous (in a good way). Congrats, good luck, and may the hunting Gods shine upon you and your friend with plenty of animals to hunt and luck. Looking forward to your return to read your report. (y) (y) (y) Safe travels.

p.s. What airlines are you flying with??

Good Luck,
may your travels go well, may your hunt be successful, stay safe and have fun.

Best of luck! Looking forward to hearing how it goes

@PARA45 American to Dallas, Qatar to Joberg and back. Airlink internal to south Africa.

Can you take your rifle with Airlink? I'll be going to the East Cape next year. My apologies for all the questions.

If you don’t mind. Who did you use for covid testing? I had covid consultants lined up for April trip to Namibia. Now that my flights have changed and we layover in joburg I’m hearing South Africa won’t except Covid consulting’s home test. Any info would help. Thank you.

Awesome, best of luck!

@PARA45 Yes you can take firearms on Airlink, my travel agent took care of all the heavy lifting on paperwork once I gave them the info they needed.

Best of luck to you. Hope the travel goes off without a hitch. Already looking forward to your report.
Bruce

Good for you! Have a great trip, I’m looking forward to the report!

And wishing I could also say I’m leaving tomorrow ! (I’m not alone with this feeling I have the impression)

May the hunting gods be with you. If you get a chance, let us know how the Qatar flight through Doha went.

Dave, have a safe, enjoyable hunt. We are all rooting for you. What caliber gun(s) are you taking?

Have fun, have a blast and forget your 2020 Covid worries.
The way things are going and world getting hit by 3rd wave it might be safer here with numbers falling quickly everyday with new positive cases.

Wish you the best :D Cheers:

Straight shooting and safe travels Dave. Look forward to the report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.