Flying LAM with rifles?

Safari Dave

AH legend
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
6,075
Location
Georgia, USA
Media
37
Hunting reports
Africa
4
Member of
SCI, NRA, SCTP, SSSF, IHEA, IGFA, TU, NASP, USA Archery, Cherokee Gun Club
Hunted
RSA, MOZ, Wyoming, Botswana, New Mexico, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Alabama, South Carolina, Texas.
In checking LAM's website, it looks like a person is only allowed 5kg in firearms.


Can anyone shed light on the airline's firearms policy or has had any experience flying LAM with rifles.



I want to take 2 rifles, which would be much more than 5kg.
 
5kg is the ammo weight limit. Your rifle case and contents are limited to 50 lbs. Ammo has to go in checked baggage or in a separate container.
 
Who the heck is LAM?
 
In checking LAM's website, it looks like a person is only allowed 5kg in firearms.


Can anyone shed light on the airline's firearms policy or has had any experience flying LAM with rifles.



I want to take 2 rifles, which would be much more than 5kg.

I've no experience with them. But of the outfitters I've talked to, they've all had a generally negative opinion on LAM. I know this isn't answering your question, but if there are alternatives in getting to Moz (I'm presuming that's your desitnation) you may wish to consider those.
 
Late And Mismanaged.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,284
Messages
1,570,618
Members
168,915
Latest member
vsvapees
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top