Flying Delta

Killo

AH enthusiast
Joined
Aug 27, 2024
Messages
296
Reaction score
704
Media
27
Hunted
Zambia, Zimbabwe
Hi
I’m Flying delta from San Antonio to Atlanta connecting to Johannesburg the 13th of July.
It’s my first time traveling with guns to Africa, final destination Niassa Moz

Do I have to notify the airline with anticipation that I’m traveling with firearms?

Thank You
 
Not on delta you don’t. You can show up and check in and declare the firearm at that time. It’s a fairly simple process.

Now the connecting flight from joberg to Niassa will depend on the airline you’re flying with but most likely the answer there is yes, they need to be notified. I’m not sure who all flies there but Are you flying on Airlink? They require advanced noticed, at least 72 hours notice that you are flying with firearms.
 
Not on delta you don’t. You can show up and check in and declare the firearm at that time. It’s a fairly simple process.

Now the connecting flight from joberg to Niassa will depend on the airline you’re flying with but most likely the answer there is yes, they need to be notified. I’m not sure who all flies there but Are you flying on Airlink? They require advanced noticed, at least 72 hours notice that you are flying with firearms.
Not on delta you don’t. You can show up and check in and declare the firearm at that time. It’s a fairly simple process.

Now the connecting flight from joberg to Niassa will depend on the airline you’re flying with but most likely the answer there is yes, they need to be notified. I’m not sure who all flies there but Are you flying on Airlink? They require advanced noticed, at least 72 hours notice that you are flying with firearms.

Thanks Mike

Yes Airlink

I will notify them
 
I would really use a service to make sure all your paper work is in order and that all airline requirements are set up and met.

Flying with guns and 3 countries being involved.It’s a tiny fee, especially when compared to your amazing hunt in Niassa that you are embarking on.

Can’t wait to hear about the hunt.
 
Thanks Mike

Yes Airlink

I will notify them
Not using a hunting travel agent who helps with firearm paperwork??
 
That’s a ridiculous eland bull in your avatar. Good luck on the hunt.
 
Doing it yourself, it is very difficult to get ahold of Airlink. I was able to contact an agent of theirs in the NYC area and she said she would take care of it. Took two more tries. I could not find the name or number for you.

 
Thanks Mike

Yes Airlink

I will notify them
be polite and ask them for permission for them to carry your rifles so you get an email back stating it is ok. (just to be safe) do not forget your ammo flies separate and 5 kilos max. have a great trip
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,175
Members
169,505
Latest member
CharliL771
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top