Flat skins

Jeff75

AH member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
46
Reaction score
65
Media
10
Member of
NRA
So I was fortunate to get my taxidermy loaded onto a SAA repatriation flight last week as outbound cargo. My safari last year was my first, and I have euro mounts and flat skins for a kudu, gemsbok, and waterbok.

My question is, what interesting things have you all done with plains game hides? Any options other than throw pillows?
 
Anything you want. Backpacks, duffle bags, inlays, benches seat for an old pickup, things for the wife. Your imagination is the limit. I’ve already decided, I’m going to build a black walnut gun rack with a blue wildebeest background after my hunt next year.
 
IMG_20200124_140022.jpg
IMG_20200124_140033.jpg


IMG_20200328_230724.jpg

IMG_20200301_230610.jpg

I use mine for making table mats and floor rugs ... All over my house .
 
So I was fortunate to get my taxidermy loaded onto a SAA repatriation flight last week as outbound cargo. My safari last year was my first, and I have euro mounts and flat skins for a kudu, gemsbok, and waterbok.

My question is, what interesting things have you all done with plains game hides? Any options other than throw pillows?
Jeff75
I've seen same dam fine gun bags made of impala and Springbok also zebra. I would only use zebra if I had a back skin.
My zebra will become a bed cover.
Bob
 
Friend Ponton
They are beautiful chital skins the bottom one looks like a,kangaroo skin.
Your friend
Bob
Why thank you so much , my friend .
The 1st 2 are of a cheetal deer skin .
The 3rd is of a clouded panther ( the " Child Eater Of Terai " )
The 4th is an Australian Kangaroo which I hunted in Australia in 1979 .
 
A992CB5F-D26D-4063-92F4-AD02F97FD243.jpeg
Here’s what I’ve done with some of mine that even my wife approves of . I got some cheap 12”x12” artist frames and wrapped my hides around and stapled to the back. They can hang as individual tiles or I put them together for this large wall art display.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,455
Messages
1,576,614
Members
170,609
Latest member
HaleyGreen
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top