Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Canada, USA, NZ
When I'm not hunting, I'm with my first love; fishing!

NIGHTHAWK is a custom aluminum Catamaran that is berthed at the foot of the Bay Bridge.

We fish for:
Salmon
California Halibut (In the Bay and Ocean)
Ling Cod
Rock Cod
Striper
White Sea Bass
Tuna- Albacore and Blue Fin: When they are within 60 Miles
We also crab for Dungeness

IMG_8309.JPG
Crab.jpg
IMG_6156 (2).jpg
HJNG6302.JPG
IMG_E7005.JPG
DSC05376.JPG
IMG_9225.JPG
IMG_9321.JPG
IMG_7664.JPG
IMG_8390.JPG
gate wake.jpg
IMG_2642.JPG
IMG_2643.JPG
IMG_2651.JPG

Looks like a lot of good eating. Also a lot of fun. What time of year do you like best for your fishing?
Bruce

Looks like a lot of great fishing. I never knew this was available off California coast. Thanks for posting.

Looks like a lot of good eating. Also a lot of fun. What time of year do you like best for your fishing?
Bruce
Hi Bruce.

Our season runs from April to January. Although you can fish through the winter for Sturgeon and Striper in the San Francisco Bay and the San Pablo bay, as well as all the way up to the delta and the rivers. Our haul out and maintenance schedule usually starts in February/March. We fish 75% of the time in the ocean; when weather permits… There is good halibut fishing in the bay most of our season and that is always a good option. We get White Sea Bass in the bay too. On our best days we will do combo trips for Salmon/Halibut or Salmon/Rock and Ling Cod. When crabbing starts in November we will run offshore 26 miles to get Ling Cod and Rock Cod at the Farallon Islands then come back and pull pots for crab limits… Pots are in 120’ of water at 8 Miles offshore. 10 crab each.

I fished the farallons a few times years ago and once saw a great white throw a sea lion in the air. Pretty impressive.

I like your boat. Looks just right for what your doing. Sounds to me like you have it all figured out. Nice pics. Thanks for sharing

That's amazing! I've been fishing the Islands for 30 years and never seen a GW... But, I did land a good sized Thresher along the Marin coast. We have great 7 gill Shark fishing in the bay, but I haven't done it in a while... I'm over due for one of those trips...

IMG_2720.JPG
IMG_2725.JPG
IMG_3278.JPG
IMG_4010.JPG
IMG_4014.JPG
IMG_3716.JPG
IMG_2596.JPG
Sunset Golden Gate.JPG
IMG-6112.jpg

I like your boat. Looks just right for what your doing. Sounds to me like you have it all figured out. Nice pics. Thanks for sharing
Thanks!

Grew up on the Bay... Always loved fishing! Hell, when I was a kid in the summer I used to catch and sell bait to the bait shops in the morning and then fish in the afternoon and at night...

I was born on the SF Bay Area and lived there until I retired (early). When young I crewed on a salmon troller. I used to fish my Parker from Mendocino to Monterey and sometimes trailered it to La Paz.

I miss the great saltwater fishing and outstanding seafood available on the West Coast. Still have the Parker and now I live within 20 miles of the Mexican border... less than a day's drive to the Sea of Cortez.

Taken on my boat...

Bg rooster 5.jpg

Stan with prize2.jpg

Hey those are nice kings. I think the salmon fishing in CA is better than the salmon fishing here in AK. I told my buddy he needs to move his charter boat south. Haha.

Hey those are nice kings. I think the salmon fishing in CA is better than the salmon fishing here in AK. I told my buddy he needs to move his charter boat south. Haha.
We actually have a good fisheries overall. Salmon have had better years, but we still get them. I like a place on Vancouver Island BC too (Tahsis), but that's for another post.

I was born on the SF Bay Area and lived there until I retired (early). When young I crewed on a salmon troller. I used to fish my Parker from Mendocino to Monterey and sometimes trailered it to La Paz.

I miss the great saltwater fishing and outstanding seafood available on the West Coast. Still have the Parker and now I live within 20 miles of the Mexican border... less than a day's drive to the Sea of Cortez.

Taken on my boat...

View attachment 451898

View attachment 451899

Nice,

Now I'm going to have to put up a San Diego and PV post for all those adventures!

Just curious; in one of the pictures holding up 2 flatfish, 1 is right eyed and 1 is left eye. Is one a halibut and the other a flounder or sole species. used to fish some salmon around humbolt bay and miss it. My buddy has moved to Sacramento and spends all of his time waterfowl hunting and bass fishing.

Nice,

Now I'm going to have to put up a San Diego and PV post for all those adventures!

I did a San Diego trip this past Sept. most dysfunctional experience of my life. Epic is a word too often used but that’s all I can come up with for the fuckery that took place. And I had an absolute blast catching those big tuna! We are going back this year, on a different boat. We have a bonded crew of about 12 guys.

Just curious; in one of the pictures holding up 2 flatfish, 1 is right eyed and 1 is left eye. Is one a halibut and the other a flounder or sole species. used to fish some salmon around humbolt bay and miss it. My buddy has moved to Sacramento and spends all of his time waterfowl hunting and bass fishing.
Funny you asked, California Halibut can be left or right eyed… We generally don’t catch pacific halibut lower than Shelter cove, so all the flatfish you see are California halibut, with the exception of a couple big sand dabs that are 12” or less and They also are not spotted…

We spent a week at Point Reyes, SF, and Napa a few years back - beautiful weather and country

Ha, I missed seeing the sand dabs in the photo. Good eating little fish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.