First Time

Bobpuckett

Gold supporter
AH legend
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
4,991
Reaction score
800
Location
Russellville
Deals & offers
6
Media
75
Hunting reports
Africa
9
USA/Canada
1
Europe
1
Member of
NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
Hunted
USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
Really don't know where to start, I've been hunting and fishing just about all my life and and now for my 55th Birthday I'm going to try and fulfill a dream I've had sence I seen my first African hunting show on TV I'm going to south africa for a plains game hunt in 2010, for the last three days I've been glued to this computer reading a lot of articles by Jerome Philippe and a lot of the replies by others it's not only great reading it's very helpful THANKS any advice on items to pack and what not to pack I've already decided to rent a gun from the PH so I don't have to go through the hassel of importing and exporting one Taking the Wife along and we're really looking forward to it. Keep up the good writing I love reading it :D Bob Puckett
 
Welcome, to the Forums, there is a lot to learn, you can read for days on all the information on this website.

What animals are you looking for? Any special sites you are going to visit? Kruegar Park?

The one thing I'll recommend is a good pair of binoculars!
 
Welcome, to the Forums, there is a lot to learn, you can read for days on all the information on this website.

What animals are you looking for? Any special sites you are going to visit? Kruegar Park?

The one thing I'll recommend is a good pair of binoculars!

I will be hunting for Kudu, Black Wildebeest, Blesbuck, Springbuck,
Blue Wildebeest, Mountain Reedbuck, Gemsbuck, Impala, Warthog and I will be very happy if I can get half of them, havn't planned any site seeing trips the Wife and I are going to layover in Germany for three or four days she's never been oversea's and wants to see where her Grandmother was from.
Thanks for the recommendation I'm going out today to get a pair. :D
 
Bob, Thank you so much for your nice comments! I am very glad that you are finding so much value in the information that is on the site. Sounds like you have already planned your trip quite a bit and have a good list of potential trophies. I am glad to hear that you will be traveling with your wife and plan on doing some additional sightseeing, I think it will add to the enjoyment of your adventure. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions big or small, we have a great group of hunters and professional hunters here who are willing to help.
 
Hi Bob, You've got a good list for a first time trip to Africa. The East Cape has a abundance of those types of plains game animals. The hardest animal on the list to get...to me is a big warthog....a lot of people including me have never got one. The big ones are smart and they don't hang around long.

I'm glad you'll do some sight seeing in Germany.

Good luck on the planning stage of the hunt.
 
Hi BOB congratulations on your first trip and good on you for bringing the wife along.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,298
Messages
1,571,992
Members
169,473
Latest member
450Rig
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top