First Double Rifle, a project

Looking at the cocking leavers on the second photo I would guess it had Deeley ejectors.

It would be one hell of a project to build them from scratch.

This is exactly, what I am thinking....

I can ask my gunsmith, if he can do this, with the foreend of my rifle as an copy, he can take measures from.


HWL
 
:notworthy:
HWL, I'd be very interested to hear what your gunsmith thinks
I will do so,.... but he is an old guy, older than your gun.

I hope I can talk to him, after corona. :(


HWL
 
:notworthy:
I will do so,.... but he is an old guy, older than your gun.

I hope I can talk to him, after corona. :(


HWL
I would very much appreciate you doing that. It's a kind offer.
I am very new to africahunting and not good with technology. Is there a way we could correspond privately?
 
Seems your on the right track if you can find the right gunsmith....do yourself a favor and whatever it is or was when you do the stock make it an extractor gun..
 
Contact Scott Wilson Gun Makers . He has an extensive amount of experience , in repairing vintage double barreled rifles .
 
Aussie Mal, please keep us informed of your progress with frequent updates, it is an interesting project that I am sure a lot of us would like to share.
 
Aussie Mal, please keep us informed of your progress with frequent updates, it is an interesting project that I am sure a lot of us would like to share.
I will. At the moment it is 'waiting in the queue' at the gunsmiths in a different State of Australia to me. I also sent my S2 Beretta shotgun along to have Breily chokes fitted.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,289
Members
169,332
Latest member
Specialityvalve
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top