First Double Rifle, a project

Looking at the cocking leavers on the second photo I would guess it had Deeley ejectors.

It would be one hell of a project to build them from scratch.

This is exactly, what I am thinking....

I can ask my gunsmith, if he can do this, with the foreend of my rifle as an copy, he can take measures from.

HWL

:notworthy:
HWL, I'd be very interested to hear what your gunsmith thinks
I will do so,.... but he is an old guy, older than your gun.

I hope I can talk to him, after corona. :(

HWL

:notworthy:
I will do so,.... but he is an old guy, older than your gun.

I hope I can talk to him, after corona. :(

HWL
I would very much appreciate you doing that. It's a kind offer.
I am very new to africahunting and not good with technology. Is there a way we could correspond privately?

Seems your on the right track if you can find the right gunsmith....do yourself a favor and whatever it is or was when you do the stock make it an extractor gun..

Contact Scott Wilson Gun Makers . He has an extensive amount of experience , in repairing vintage double barreled rifles .

Aussie Mal, please keep us informed of your progress with frequent updates, it is an interesting project that I am sure a lot of us would like to share.

Aussie Mal, please keep us informed of your progress with frequent updates, it is an interesting project that I am sure a lot of us would like to share.
I will. At the moment it is 'waiting in the queue' at the gunsmiths in a different State of Australia to me. I also sent my S2 Beretta shotgun along to have Breily chokes fitted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisa56S81

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.