First .375

Ok so I took the rifle and my sticks to work today hoping to get a few minutes to shoot this thing and finally this afternoon got the chance to stop at our makeshift range. Or course I forgot the targets but that’s what a sharpy is actually invented for, correct?

I was firing the only ammo I could find, PPU 300 gr SP RN at 50 yards off sticks with open sights and shitty eyesight. (Gotta get a scope)

First shot - 4 inches low
Second - confirmed
Adjusted rear sight
Third shot - 1 1/4 in left
Adjusted rear a little more
Fourth shot - 1 1/4 high and 1 in right
Take out earplugs, check phone, 3 missed calls, gotta go.

It appears the rifle shoots really well. :giggle:
With a scope, better ammo, and more range time, it’ll be a tack driver I think. I’m happy.

53073523-2DE1-4DEE-A2FD-352C9DDF3365.jpeg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 7.52.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 7.52.04 AM.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 7.52.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 7.52.06 AM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 66
Thanks! I wil do that.
If they say in stock and you get ammo, could you let me know here or a PM? I’ve recommended a few times based on my experience last year but nothing recently.

If they say in stock and you get ammo, could you let me know here or a PM? I’ve recommended a few times based on my experience last year but nothing recently.
Absolutely

They did have one box in stock and $42.50. But they’ve sure got it all figured out cuz shipping is $31. Lol.

So it’s $73.50 anyway.

Still cheaper but they hook you with $40 and clobber you with the shipping.
It’s within driving distance for me but they’re saying online orders only. :unsure:

Well I stepped off the big(ger) bore ledge today finally.
I picked up my new unfired Winchester M70 Alaskan in .375 H&H Mag. I don’t often get too excited but I’m pretty whipped up to get shooting this gun.
Thanks @Vagrouser !!
Now to find ammo. Ugh. Seems nobody carries it in my area but, of all places, a pawn shop in a nearby town claims to have some. Checking that out tomorrow.

View attachment 406968
I have some 350gr woodleigh protected point ammo premium ammo. 20 per box. I can sell you $75 per box a minimum of 5 or a case of 12 for $850. Plus you pay shipping. The minimum is so because UPS is 25 miles each way for me.
Krish

I have some 350gr woodleigh protected point ammo premium ammo. 20 per box. I can sell you $75 per box a minimum of 5 or a case of 12 for $850. Plus you pay shipping. The minimum is so because UPS is 25 miles each way for me.
Krish
Thank you, I will certainly keep you in mind. Right now I have 200 rounds coming in from three different places thanks to all you great people, plus what I already have so I’m good to go for a little while. Thank you so much!

I picked up my new unfired Winchester M70 Alaskan in .375 H&H Mag. I don’t often get too excited but I’m pretty whipped up to get shooting this gun.
Thanks @Vagrouser !!
Now to find ammo. Ugh. Seems nobody carries it in my area but, of all places, a pawn shop in a nearby town claims to have some. Checking that out tomorrow.

View attachment 406968
Congratulations with one of the best calibers ever, it stood the test of time!!!

Thanks @Vagrouser !!

View attachment 406968
@Randy F
You have entered the darkside mate.
Next comes the pith helmet, double rife, alas of fine liquor and a pipe. Sitting in your red leather chesterfield chair dreaming of future hunts on the continent.
HA HA HA HA HA HA
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg