Firearm Paperwork

The only form of identification they asked for was my DL.

I guess if you were asked to do it in the past I would bring whatever. Thar is cheap insurance in my book.

I would also call to confirm the address, the first office that came up online that I drove to... had been shutdown and moved 7 years ago. I live right down the road (Texas standards). So I went into it with the knowledge I take care of whatever they needed in short order.

Book your flights with Travel Express and use Henry at Rifle Permits to meet you at the plane and walk you through. On my first trip I had a glitch at SAPS. They had transposed one digit in the serial number on one of my rifles and were going to confiscate my gun. Luckily, I had another copy of the 4457 and SAPS form so they could verify that the gun was mine and legally documented. ALWAYS HAVE HARD COPIES OF ALL YOUR PAPERWORK.

...I have not taken a firearm since 2016, and looking thru my applic, I was required to provide a copy of my 1040 tax filing..............is that still a req? Best of luck with all the red tape....hang in there...........FFWB
What???

I never had to do that.

I am booked with Lori, as y'all have recommended her so much. Everyone has been correct she is awesome to deal with. I am using someone for the permits. So far so good, I'll report on that after all is said and done.

I do have 3 copies of each and passport, DL, CCs. Believe it or not people do read what is written in these pages. It definitely helps in the planning and the spending of ones money!

A 1040?? Thats a new one on me, never been asked. Only ID and the items being SN'd onto the form, not just guns.

Oops............looking back at records......form 1040....that was "permanent export" and the needed power of attorney...........disregard...................FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JameShiple

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!