Fire at Woodliegh?

@sestoppelman
Yes it's bad news for Geoff and his lovely wife Shirley. I have enough for quite a while but I am ordering more today.
I'm sure we could start a go fund me page for them to reopen.
Surely there would be someone that could take the reins if he doesn't reopen. It would be a shame to see a lot of beautiful rifles fade away again.
Bob

Agreed whole heartedly

@sestoppelman
Yes it's bad news for Geoff and his lovely wife Shirley. I have enough for quite a while but I am ordering more today.
I'm sure we could start a go fund me page for them to reopen.
Surely there would be someone that could take the reins if he doesn't reopen. It would be a shame to see a lot of beautiful rifles fade away again.
Bob

Check out the various " fund me pages " first to check if they are not anti gun or similar which may lead to account frozen for long time,and or funds taken as " their emotional compensation"

Check out the various " fund me pages " first to check if they are not anti gun or similar which may lead to account frozen for long time,and or funds taken as " their emotional compensation"
As Dr Ray indicated, we need someone with the requisite engineering skills and drive to achieve our preferred outcome. One name that comes to mind is a bloke who lives Woodleigh, but up in the N T.
I doubt that you'd get Anthony George out of Nhulunbuy without a LOT of pressure and persuasion; Methinks he's too acclimatised to the tropics to even consider moving that far down south, besides, there aren't any Water Buff or Banteng in Victoria :))

This is a shame for the owners to have to see their life's work go up in flames.

I hope someone else will decide to re-open the factory, but if the fire was big enough, there could be so much loss of the tooling and machines, that it will be a multi year process before the first bullets get produced again....

I have 80 x 300gr HD bullets left plus 12 already loaded and I have a load.
Then I have 65 x 500gr PP softs and just orderd another two packets from the agent in South Africa.
Also have a load for it could not order anymoren HD bullets their out.
Think I should be fine as I only use them to hunt will get far with those and hopefully wishing for Woodleigh to make a comeback.

I feel for them, tragedy for sure. At the end of the day just glad everyone is ok most importantly.

I for one think it would be a good idea to bring this company to the US. There seems to be lots of companies with money here that would be into acquiring yet another in this BOOM US market. Never understood why more people here in the US weren't using them in the first place. Hornady-garbage, Barnes, non-existent now that Vista took over the company,....North Fork, another good one but literally vanished when the guy from Sweden bought them. Only good one left is Swift and I'm not sure they are as easy on the bore of old guns as they need to be.

Don't stay down Geoff, don't let your legend of woodleigh bullets disappear,....get the word out that you need help to the titans of the gun industry over here,....someone will help. Group funding is another option. If I wouldn't have been on this sight I would have never known this ever happened.

Not good can’t find any Woodlieghs in Canada now, but I have a good stock pile of most of the ones I need. Hopefully someone will step up and make a similar Bullet for double rifles. Sad to hear this news.

@Spooksar Ellwood Epps does have a fair amount in stock, for some calibers.

I picked up some extra of the 350 grain for my 375 and a bit for my 416 Rigby.

Terrible news for the people at Woodleigh. I really liked their bullets, and they were very quick to respond to any questions I had. Service that isn't too common these days.

Very sad to hear.

I feel for them, tragedy for sure. At the end of the day just glad everyone is ok most importantly.

I for one think it would be a good idea to bring this company to the US. There seems to be lots of companies with money here that would be into acquiring yet another in this BOOM US market. Never understood why more people here in the US weren't using them in the first place. Hornady-garbage, Barnes, non-existent now that Vista took over the company,....North Fork, another good one but literally vanished when the guy from Sweden bought them. Only good one left is Swift and I'm not sure they are as easy on the bore of old guns as they need to be.

Don't stay down Geoff, don't let your legend of woodleigh bullets disappear,....get the word out that you need help to the titans of the gun industry over here,....someone will help. Group funding is another option. If I wouldn't have been on this sight I would have never known this ever happened.
Barnes is non existent ? Has Northfork really not made any new bullets after the Swedish fellow bought the company ?

Did their sales actually fall off, or was their production down? I don’t think any manufacturer could say that their sales have been down in the last two years. At least on this side of the Pacific.

Maybe they can sell out, and someone take over the manufacturing?

Did their sales actually fall off, or was their production down? I don’t think any manufacturer could say that their sales have been down in the last two years. At least on this side of the Pacific.

Maybe they can sell out, and someone take over the manufacturing?
@Aaron N
To the best of my knowledge after talking to Shirley a while back there were a couple of million projectiles waiting to be unloaded off a ship in the USA. That was only a couple of months ago. They were having some issues with components supply though.
Bob

@Spooksar Ellwood Epps does have a fair amount in stock, for some calibers.

I picked up some extra of the 350 grain for my 375 and a bit for my 416 Rigby.

Terrible news for the people at Woodleigh. I really liked their bullets, and they were very quick to respond to any questions I had. Service that isn't too common these days.

Very sad to hear.

Thanks for the info

I had an update from my local gun shop.
They said Woodleigh has lost almost 100% of the stock to the heat from the fire and water damage from fighting the fire.
Most of the machinery has been inspected, turned over manually and seem to be ok. Early days yet to make a call on all of the machines. But the electric motors, wiring and controllers etc, will need replacing. There is talk that they may be up and running in a limited capacity in 3- 4 months or so.
The building has to be stabilized and repaired or replaced as a first step.

They said Woodleigh has lost almost 100% of the stock to the heat from the fire and water damage from fighting the fire.
Most of the machinery has been inspected, turned over manually and seem to be ok. Early days yet to make a call on all of the machines. But the electric motors, wiring and controllers etc, will need replacing. There is talk that they may be up and running in a limited capacity in 3- 4 months or so.

Man do I hope this is the case. I would think a nice influx of investment cash from some of the British gunmakers (whose rifles often heavily rely on Woodleigh bullets) might incentivize.

That sounds promising.

Man do I hope this is the case. I would think a nice influx of investment cash from some of the British gunmakers (whose rifles often heavily rely on Woodleigh bullets) might incentivize.
That's a good thought; everybody who has patronised them in the past can help in some way or another

That's a good thought; everybody who has patronised them in the past can help in some way or another

Agreed, if a good lawyer could set things up for them, we could all invest a bit to get them back up and running. It would be cool to own a small piece of Woodleigh. If one of our Aussie members who knows them would suggest this to them it could get interesting.

Like a pledge to buy a pre-order. Place an order and deposit on our short term requirements. That gives them a gauranteed cash flow once production starts

Agreed, if a good lawyer could set things up for them, we could all invest a bit to get them back up and running. It would be cool to own a small piece of Woodleigh. If one of our Aussie members who knows them would suggest this to them it could get interesting.
Like a public company?
Possibly a few enthusiast s who would like to be a part with some small financial commitment.
Insurance should rebuild the Business.Then we see where it goes.
For AH members to take it on might take a bit more to know the business and business management.

if there was a $$ goal to help them get back to speed, a GoFundMe could be setup and the word spread widely. Would there be 1000 hunting enthusiasts willing to give $500/250/100 to help rebuild a bullet company? Would half a million bucks get them back up and running? Quarter million?

I’ve seen people get ridiculous amounts of money via crowdfunding. The hurdle is what Woodleighs desire is. The world is a new place, we need to think in new ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vietgen

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!