Feedback on African two gun battery for Cape Buffalo and other

I bought and built my .375 RUM primarily for my first Cape Buffalo hunt. That hunt was also one of the few hunts that I've done where I took two rifles. My second rifle on that hunt was my 7 mm Rem mag that I took for Plains Game animals.

My buffalo was a one shot kill with a 300 gr TSX bullet from my .375 RUM, and I also shot about half of my PG animals on that trip with my .375 RUM.

After I shot my buffalo, the landowner of the property in Zimbabwe that we were hunting on suggested that we take a "sightseeing" trip around his property. He said about 100 elephants had gone through his property the day before, and that a hunter on his neighbor's property had wounded a giraffe that had gone onto his property. He said if we saw the giraffe, I could shoot it, and told me to shoot it in the neck, just below the head. We didn't see the giraffe or any of the elephants.

My next African hunt was to the eastern and southern cape of South Africa for various PG animals. I only took my .375 RUM with 270 gr TSX bullets on that hunt. My PG animals on that trip varied from Steenbok to Cape Eland, and I made one of my longest one shot kills any big animal with a 348 yd shot on a Gemsbok.

458 lott and 338 win mag
also 375 h/h and 300 wn mag
if you want try 3 rifle combo
i would do 470 nitro 416 rem and 338 win mag i like big bore rifles

I bought and built my .375 RUM primarily for my first Cape Buffalo hunt. That hunt was also one of the few hunts that I've done where I took two rifles. My second rifle on that hunt was my 7 mm Rem mag that I took for Plains Game animals.

My buffalo was a one shot kill with a 300 gr TSX bullet from my .375 RUM, and I also shot about half of my PG animals on that trip with my .375 RUM.

After I shot my buffalo, the landowner of the property in Zimbabwe that we were hunting on suggested that we take a "sightseeing" trip around his property. He said about 100 elephants had gone through his property the day before, and that a hunter on his neighbor's property had wounded a giraffe that had gone onto his property. He said if we saw the giraffe, I could shoot it, and told me to shoot it in the neck, just below the head. We didn't see the giraffe or any of the elephants.

My next African hunt was to the eastern and southern cape of South Africa for various PG animals. I only took my .375 RUM with 270 gr TSX bullets on that hunt. My PG animals on that trip varied from Steenbok to Cape Eland, and I made one of my longest one shot kills any big animal with a 348 yd shot on a Gemsbok.
I think the 375 RUM is a fine round. When I acquired my Remington Custom Shop 375 RUM, I didn’t really have Cape buffalo on my mind at the time or Africa for that matter. I thought It would make a great all purpose rifle from deer to elephant but really just planned on using it for N. American hunting. With 235 grain Barnes TSX handloads, it worked great on bison, elk and large boar. I believe this load would work fine on Cape buffalo but many here would shake their fist at the sky and gnash their teeth for using such a light bullet on Cape buffalo!

But I specifically got the CZ 416 Rigby for Cape buffalo and I must use it for that purpose!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corinne146

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you