Favourite quotes - Here's mine, Quite a long list. What's yours?

Longwalker

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation, Saskatoon Gun Dog Club
Hunted
Canada, USA, Germany, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe
"In the end, we will only conserve what we love. We will love only what we understand: And we will understand only what we have experienced"

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science” - Albert Einstein

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, co-operate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert A. Heinlein.

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt" Julius Ceaser = "men generally believe what they want to believe.”

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein"

Jagd ohne Hund ist Schund! "

"On préfère la brousse, n'est-ce pas?"

"No matter how confident a government’s assurances may be, or how persistently it may dissuade its citizenry from attempting to solve their own problems, or how suffocating its blanket of regulations may become, there will eventually come a day when the power goes out, a hurricane or tornado appears, the police are busy, or a wildfire threatens – and government help is nowhere to be found.And when that time comes, everyone has a choice to make. Do you meekly accept the situation in accordance with your government-mandated helplessness? Or do you and those you know and trust take matters into your own hands − do you turn and head into the fire? "

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” - T. Roosevelt

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway

“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Ultreïa! Every morning we take the path, Every morning we go further. Day after day, the road calls us It is the voice of Compostela. Go further! Go further! And go higher! God helps us! Ultreïa!

Saint Hubert is my favourite saint. Through his accomplishments and work in different fields he is named the the patron saint of:archers, hunters, dogbreeders, houndsmen, mathematicians, metal workers, forest workers, smelters, precision instruments, optics, & trapping.He also managed to have 3 military orders formed in his honor, a town in Saskatchewan named after him and his personal crest on every bottle of Jägermeister.

This Is The Hunters Badge Of Glory ,
That He Protect And Tend His Quarry
And Hunt With Honor As Is Due ,
And Through The Beast To The Lord Be True .
Weapons Of War Are By Hatred Run
Yet Love For Game Fires Our Gun .
Therefore Ponder Your Daily Bread ,
Did Your Game Not Suffer Dread ?
Guard Game From Man And Beast Alike ,
Make Brief It's Death, Make Sure Your Strike
Be Outside Rough Yet Mild Inside
And The Badge Of Glory Pure Abide!

in case an elephant charges, - ‘Quando omni flunkus, moritati’"

Would you rather die with your dreams, or with your memories?

"Cattle die, kinsmen die
you yourself die;
One thing now,
that never dies
the fame of a dead man's deeds"

'with affection, "all men, especially hunters, are selfish liars" - Agnes Herbert

“You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas“. Davy Crockett

“If this call is neglected, I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country - Victory or Death.“. William Barret Travis

“everyone’s got a story some are even true” one of my fathers life lessons

“Everyone’s got a plan until I punch them in the mouth” mike tyson

“You will not be punished for your anger , you will be punished by your anger” Buddha

“Don’t put your fingers where you wouldn’t put your dick” first mates advice my first trip fishing

The two at the bottom of this comment.

"Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women."​

Quint, "Jaws"

Just being silly...

"Who is John Galt?"

I read and watch too many movies!

1000022583.jpg

Waaaaay too many... But some I have really liked...

'Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever.' The Replacements

“I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.” George Washington

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." Heraclitus

“It's been quite a party ain't it?” Augustus McCrae

I’ve got three quotes that I read over the years that always stuck with me.

Quote by Babe Ruth: “It's hard to beat a person who never gives up“

Sun Tzu wrote, “Tactics without strategy are the noise before defeat.”

I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Maya Angelou

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Al Gamecock

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you