Favorite carry on?

I know I’m going to catch ever living dog shit hell.... however, the Yeti Panga 50. Doubles as backpack & duffle... also is basically the exact size max you can take on as “carry on”..... so perfect.

Thanks for all the input! I decided to go with the Red Oxx Skytrain, I think it will work well without being too big and bulky. I'm flying KLM all the way so I can check my bags through to Kilimanjaro from St. Louis.

I dont think you will regret the sky train! Let us know what you think!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 8.30.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 8.30.04 AM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 134
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 8.30.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 8.30.07 AM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 124
Last edited by a moderator:
Bob,
What and who are you hunting with in TZ??

This is the backpack I use for a carry on. Documents, cameras and binos. Once I arrive at camp, I then sort through and take out what I don't need for my hunting day pack. It's easily large enough for a laptop or tablet, but I don't carry one when I hunt so that's not an issue. Made of a soft almost fleece like material on the outside. When I'm not traveling, its used to store and carry my gun photography items. More than a year old and so far, no rips or tears.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Timberhawk-Big-Basin-Daypack-Realtree-Xtra-Camo/36256318

I own a couple TimberHawk packs, I really like them and they aren't too expensive either. They also have a great warranty - anything goes wrong, you just send it back to them and they will replace it. Haven't had to use it but nice to know it's there.

I'm hunting buff & plains game with Nathan Askew/Bullet Safaris.

Nathan’s safaris are great. Let me know how it goes. Tell him I said hello.

View attachment 235268
This is all my stuff I take for a 10 day Africa hunt.
I had always carried a Camelback Hawg, but decided to try something different my last trip. I bought a 5.11 Rush 24. It worked well having lots of pockets to organized items in. I think a daypack is the way to go for me.
What I carry on is my vest, fleece jacket and daypack.
The vest contains the most critical items such as money, passport, pen, notepad, WetWipes, Kleenex, 4457, SAPs paperwork, cellphone, earbuds, meds, glasses, travel toothbrush & paste unless I am on a flight that furnishes one, etc.
The daypack contains voltage adapter, cellphone/iPad charger, 1 change of clothes (underwear, socks, shirt, pants), iPad, copies of all paperwork, spare glasses, binoculars, range finder, camera, etc.
This is an experienced hunter! It looks like a perfect setup. Thanks for the picture.

Any decent pack will do, I love Red Ox gear. I make sure that I can have a successful safari if all my checked bags are lost. I wear clothes I can hunt in and carry on: docs, meds, 1 change of hunting clothes, jacket, bino’s, camera, etc.. That way in a worst case scenario I borrow a rifle and I’m hunting. I also take rifles whose Ammo is readily available (.458 Lott, .375 H&H, 7x57). To date I’ve only had to scrounge Ammo on one trip. However, flying over 150,000 miles per year I’ve lost all faith in airline luggage handlers. Don’t give them the ability to ruin your safari!

My sky train set up for my next week of travel. 6 shirts, 2 pants, 2 shorts, 2 pairs shoes, socks, undies, toiletries, hat, sunglasses and a few more essentials.
IMG_0488.JPG
IMG_0489.JPG
IMG_0490.JPG
IMG_0491.JPG
IMG_0492.JPG
IMG_0492.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ara6336349

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you