R eight

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Australia, NZ, North America
Greetings Gents and Ladies, I’m sort of looking at a second hand Fausti Express double rifle in 30/06. Condition appears pretty good, but I have no idea how she’ll shoot. If I buy her it will be sight unseen…..so I’ll be taking a bit of a risk as to how she’ll shoot/regulate. There are no test targets available and no real description on how she shoots.
So does anyone here have any experience with a Fausti express.
I should also mention that I realise she’s a very affordable rifle and I’m not expecting too much.
Opinions please.

Greetings Gents and Ladies, I’m sort of looking at a second hand Fausti Express double rifle in 30/06. Condition appears pretty good, but I have no idea how she’ll shoot. If I buy her it will be sight unseen…..so I’ll be taking a bit of a risk as to how she’ll shoot/regulate. There are no test targets available and no real description on how she shoots.
So does anyone here have any experience with a Fausti express.
I should also mention that I realise she’s a very affordable rifle and I’m not expecting too much.
Opinions please.
Any pictures? Is this an O/U ot a SxS?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 11.32.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 11.32.27 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 115
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 11.32.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 11.32.30 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 119
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 11.32.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 11.32.34 AM.png
    396.9 KB · Views: 111
Anyway you could contact the original owner?
Seems like a fun double to have and if loaded with 200gr bullets and it regulates should be a ton of fun on buff and pigs.

PIcture on website looks good and Fausti has been around a bit.

One question, is the Fausti warranty still current? If it is, will it be transferable to you?

Seems like a fun double to have and if loaded with 200gr bullets and it regulates should be a ton of fun on buff and pigs.

Only fun on buff if you can run like the wind!

No…no idea on the original owner. As to using it on big game…it won’t happen. She’ll be purely a toy and may get a bit of use on pigs.

If the price is right, then why not take a chance. It looks good and you'll enjoy getting it dialed in.
You may find it's a diamond in the rough!

If the price is right, then why not take a chance. It looks good and you'll enjoy getting it dialed in.
You may find it's a diamond in the rough!
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too. Only issue is it’s a hassle getting a permit to purchase and getting it freighted to me. Then if she’s a dud….it’s going to cost me money. I couldn’t flog her on to some other poor barstard without telling them how things are ‍♂️

I really just want to know if anyone on here owns, or has owned, one…and how did theirs shoot. And what ammunition was it regulated for.
If I think that it’s capable of 4 shots in 2 inches at 50 yards… I may throw the dice.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too. Only issue is it’s a hassle getting a permit to purchase and getting it freighted to me. Then if she’s a dud….it’s going to cost me money. I couldn’t flog her on to some other poor barstard without telling them how things are ‍♂️

I really just want to know if anyone on here owns, or has owned, one…and how did theirs shoot. And what ammunition was it regulated for.
If I think that it’s capable of 4 shots in 2 inches at 50 yards… I may throw the dice.
You may be able to contact Fausti to see what round it was regulated with. They might even have a copy of a test target.

You may be able to contact Fausti to see what round it was regulated with. They might even have a copy of a test target.
Good thinking 99. I’ll try that (y) Thanks.

Keep us posted on it. If Fausti responds, etc.
I for one will be interested to hear about it!

Twenty five years ago I spent a few weeks a year visiting and working on new products with a number of gunmakers in Italy. The Fausti sisters run a clean, modern factory that produce sturdy workaday guns. Like most gunmakers in Italy and Spain at that time, they purchased the larger components from outside foundry's and barrel makers and assembled the finished guns in house.
Fausti also had an entire division producing automobile parts, however break open shotguns were their mainstay product.

I have a Fausti shotgun.
I love my new Fausti shotgun.

I'm interested in what you learn about this, as I"m considering a similar purchase. Barbara was great to deal with, and I'd purchase from them again.

I have a couple of Fausti shotguns. Very well made, great fit and finish, and shoot well. The DR I looked at was finished to the same level, but I did not have the opportunity to shoot it. Believe it was in 9.3x74R. If the rifle is in good condition, and the price is right, I'd buy it. Good caliber for anything down under except your buffs and some of them spiders!

Well I just received a reply from Fausti. Pretty impressed that they responded so quickly unfortunately they don’t have any information regarding the regulation of that rifle. Except that it was regulated at 50 meters. Oh well ‍♂️

Well I just received a reply from Fausti. Pretty impressed that they responded so quickly unfortunately they don’t have any information regarding the regulation of that rifle. Except that it was regulated at 50 meters. Oh well ‍♂️
That is lightning fast. I have had a paid for a Westley Richards rifle in for over a month. There has been no reply.

I too have a Fausti shotgun and am very pleased with it. A couple of thoughts on a 30-06? You might check and see if it has a provision to be scoped. Assuming you can find or develop a load that regulates, it would be nice to use a 30-06 as it was intended rather than a stopping rifle for javelina.

The 06 barrels on my Blaser S2 both shoot sub-MOA and a composite 2-inch group at 100 yards with 180 gr TSX loads. I sight in on the right barrel giving me first shot accuracy equal to any other 06 regardless of design and a second shot only a MOA or so off depending on range. Of course, it is designed to be scoped. In that configuration it has taken quite a few different PG.

If the Fausti can be scoped, you could have both a fun and useful rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jemsbond

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.