Fallow Deer Pictures

All I can say is ouch! That had to hurt.

Its amazing how tough they can be.

I have seen pictures of 2 red stags who had wire caught up in their antlers, it was the rut and they were fighting. As a result they got caught up together and both died from exhaustion from fighting and then trying to get free.
 
Its amazing how tough they can be.

I have seen pictures of 2 red stags who had wire caught up in their antlers, it was the rut and they were fighting. As a result they got caught up together and both died from exhaustion from fighting and then trying to get free.

I have seen several pictures of whitetails with locked racks who fought till one died, the coyotes ate the dead one and the other was later killed by a hunter, still carrying the head and partial spine of his adversary stuck to his horns!
 
fallow hide and seek

IMG_4371.JPG
IMG_4372.JPG
 
Last nights Fallow buck.

IMG_2811.PNG


IMG_2795.JPG


IMG_2808.JPG


The rut is beginning to kick off here in England and he was holding a group of 20 does. As the light was fading I could here 3 other bucks around me grunting away. A lovely evening.
 
You may well recognise this chap from some of my pictures from last year on page 2.. Its nice to have photos of them each year and see how they develop.

IMG_2561.JPG


A few more..

IMG_2564.JPG

IMG_2566.JPG

IMG_2567.JPG
 
Great thread guys. I'm a fallow tragic and they are the species I hunt the most here in South Australia. Here's a few snaps from over the years.









































Cheers!
blacks
 

Attachments

  • P1000826_zps0f9d39e3.jpg
    P1000826_zps0f9d39e3.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 293
  • P1000937_zps688e3ac2.jpg
    P1000937_zps688e3ac2.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 264
  • DSCF3718.jpg
    DSCF3718.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 292
  • 2005_0608Holidays050022.jpg
    2005_0608Holidays050022.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 338
  • P1020146_zpseusufayi.jpg
    P1020146_zpseusufayi.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 305
  • P1020320_zpsqqhbuneb.jpg
    P1020320_zpsqqhbuneb.jpg
    833.7 KB · Views: 343
  • P1010427_zps18c5758e.jpg
    P1010427_zps18c5758e.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 281
  • DSCF5765.jpg
    DSCF5765.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 327
  • P1030930.jpg
    P1030930.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 277
  • CCI3008_00004bmp.jpg
    CCI3008_00004bmp.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 279
  • DSCF6671.jpg
    DSCF6671.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 363
  • P1020305_zpskl4p8ni8.jpg
    P1020305_zpskl4p8ni8.jpg
    816.2 KB · Views: 301
  • Pic1-Fallow.jpg
    Pic1-Fallow.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 345
  • P1020290_zps6rsyat7p.jpg
    P1020290_zps6rsyat7p.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 306
  • Picture001_zpsf9ddb49e.jpg
    Picture001_zpsf9ddb49e.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 270
  • P1020316_zpstfe485ku.jpg
    P1020316_zpstfe485ku.jpg
    825.3 KB · Views: 312
  • P1010433_zps5b46b50b.jpg
    P1010433_zps5b46b50b.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 473
  • buckoriginal.jpg
    buckoriginal.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 270
  • P1030928.jpg
    P1030928.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 296
  • P1010613_zpsfb49ba37.jpg
    P1010613_zpsfb49ba37.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 264
  • Buckedit2.jpg
    Buckedit2.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 298
Last edited by a moderator:
Great thread guys. I'm a fallow tragic and they are the species I hunt the most here in South Australia. Here's a few snaps from over the years.









































Cheers!
blacks

Blacks,

Nice photo's!

What carcass weights are you getting on Fallow over in Oz?
 
Cheers UKHunter.

I don't know to be honest, as I've never weighed one! But I think a mature buck runs around 90kg and occasionally topping three figures. The does obviously a lot less, but they are pretty darn tasty!

I've hunted with a couple of blokes from over your way who are keen fallow stalkers, and from what I understand the meat situation there is
 
Cheers UKHunter.

I don't know to be honest, as I've never weighed one! But I think a mature buck runs around 90kg and occasionally topping three figures. The does obviously a lot less, but they are pretty darn tasty!

I've hunted with a couple of blokes from over your way who are keen fallow stalkers, and from what I understand the meat situation there is

I love stalking Fallow, nothing like it! Especially during the rut.

One day I will get over a hunt Oz, your Sambar deer strike an interest!
 
Sorry mate my previous post got cut off for some reason. Yes the rut is an exciting time to be in the bush!

Yeah sambar are a great challenge. I live about 10 hours from good sambar country but get over most years. I've managed two to date but my best is only a 17" stag so I've got plenty of room to upgrade!

Cheers
blacks
 
Where is the best place to head for Sambar deer?
 
Great pics Blacks!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,134
Members
169,903
Latest member
RicardoMar
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top